Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*Fender Precision 2008 American Std*SOLD*

Gareth Hughes

Hey Folks -

Up for sale: My Fender Precision 2008 American Std in Sunburst with a Rosewood neck. I'm the original owner, bought new in July 2008, so one of the earlier models. (That's just trivia folks, doesn't make a lick of difference :) )

Not much to say about this that you probably don't already know. Bass is in good condition, having been only used occasionally over the past two years. Having said that there are some normal pick marks that you'd expect, but nothing that would show up on camera. There are three cosmetic marks worth mentioning. One is around the tone control, a result of tightening a loose pot and not taking good care of what I was doing. There is one tiny ding on the back of the neck. And there's a few unexplainable marks around the higher frets - about the size of a ballpoint pen tip. These don't affect playability or feel in any way, just want to be open about marks. See photos.

I had a pickup cover fitted and that's included in the sale. I also had a fret job done as the 15th-20th frets were a little uneven. Thanks to this the bass has a wonderfully low and even action top to bottom. All work done by Ernie McMillen at Avalon Guitars, N.Ireland.

Bass comes with the new Fender/SKB Hardcase and case-candy.

£700 gets this shipped to mainland UK. I am up for trades - ideally an Am Std Jazz 4 string in Olympic White. I'd also consider a Japanese Fender Jazz plus some cash my way.

[attachment=52545:Fender_P_1.jpg][attachment=52546:P_Headstock.jpg][attachment=52547:Pickguard_Mark.
jpg][attachment=52550:Neck_Marks.jpg][attachment=52549:Neck_Mark.jpg][attachment=52559:Pup_Cover.jpg
]

Edited by Gareth Hughes

[quote name='BB2000' post='870826' date='Jun 18 2010, 02:40 PM']Can't see that one hanging around for long. It has a quarter sawn neck as well - always a good sign.[/quote]

That would be nice. (I'm still feeling like I missed out on your DD..... DOH!!!!! )

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Thanks for the info. Indeed we have been chatting - alas I think I'm all done with sunbursts. A fickle reason, I know - but hey, I'm a musician, (and Irish) so what am I gonna do?

[quote name='aznbass' post='873491' date='Jun 21 2010, 02:13 PM']Talk to this guy

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92431&pid=873481&st=0&#entry873481"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry873481[/url]

Your after a jazz, he wants a P. :)[/quote]