Why become a member? ×

Ampeg V4B head (76-79) NOW SOLD THANKS

markorbit

Ampeg 100 watt V4B valve head. From what I can make out it's probably a 1976-1979 model. When I had it serviced I requested a fan to be added to prolong the life of the tubes. I figured most savvy tube amps have them as standard. The fan is a little noisier than I'd like but it can be removed or swapped easily enough if you prefer.

Condition-wise it's about a 7/10 (it would be someone's 8/10 I'm sure). It has a few scratches around the input jacks which seem to vary greatly depending on viewing angle. I bought new Ampeg vintage grill cloth and new knobs for it from Fliptops in the States in addition to a set of new JJ 7027 tubes. It's quite a big amp and fairly heavy.

But it says 'Ampeg' and has sparkly grill cloth...classic USA Ampeg just like Grandma used to make! It's pointless me keeping it as I've settled on Berg IP and need to make some space.

Sound is big and warm and regretfully I've never been able to turn it up to hear it in it's full glory as I do studio stuff only these days.

It's cost me about £650 in all (probably more). I'm going to ask £550 for it. Pick up preferred from Doncaster. Pics below.

Edited by markorbit

[quote name='richardd' post='873372' date='Jun 21 2010, 12:12 PM']:)
:rolleyes: Hi Are you taking any trades on this,I have a mint GK700RB in a Flightcase Wharehouse Flight case,also mint :lol:[/quote]

I'm scaling down really but could be interested in high-end channel strips such as Millennia STT-1, or maybe Kern IP777 or some other interesting pre (with any cash adjustments). I'm no longer looking for amps. Thanks - Mark.