Why become a member? ×

73 Ampeg V4b and EBS proline 4x10

plumbob

Getting my old 73 Ampeg back soon after a bit of a service , just wondered if there would be any problems trying my EBS Proline 4x10 from my other rig with it.

I can switch the Ampeg down to 4ohms , not quite sure how much it pushes out being a valve , but the EBS throws out 800watts at 4ohms.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

As long as its not an 800 watt amp into a 100 W cab you'll be fine, plug her in and go for it, I bet you can't stay in the same room at full volume.
This is a great site for them... www.ampegv4.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=ampegv4&page=1

Well took your advise gentlemen and fired her up last night at practice .

Lets just say SHAKE , RATTLE and ROLL !!!! .

Monstrous sound , yeh the boys started grimacing when I dialled her up :rolleyes:

Cheers for the link to that site SS73 , great little place.

Just off to re-plaster the practice room now ! :)

Fantastic!!! I've also got the EBS 4x10 - it's certainly got some balls to it. Have an outdoor gig next week with little PA support, so I'm going to need the full stack - that is: EBS Proline 4x10, EBS Proline 1x15, both running clean, and a pair of 12" PA tops running the grit. Based on how well this goes, I'm thinking of replacing the 12" cabs with a Barefaced Super Twelve (T).

In the words of the protagonist from 'Law Abiding Citizen' - "It's going to be biblical...." (and yes, it's a church-organised event, too) :)

Hoping this little lot will shift some air.....I've had it running in my front room at very low volume - sounded immense, so I'm sure it will crank up well. Even the 4x10 is loud enough on it's own to keep up with our drummer. I'm only pushing 500w into the 4x10 - the limit of what the GK head can do.

Anyway, have fun with the cab - sounds like a match made in heaven!!

HTH, Ian