Why become a member? ×

HOHNER B2a XLR WIRING, XLR wiring diagram

mightyvoo

Hi, can anybody post diagram for XLR connection on Hohner B2a bass guitar, I have found this post

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44498"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44498[/url]

but this is for model without XLR connection.

Diagram, photo, explanation.... anything is useful for me......

TNXXXXXXX

• 4 years later...

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1419352550' post='2639072']
It'll be a standard unbalanced XLR wiring convention:

Pin 1 - Earth
Pin 2 - Live
Pin 3 - Link to Pin 2
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, but it's not really the XLR wiring that I'm looking for (although this particular XLR has a choke on it that is sealed around with heat shrink tubing), I am in need of a full wiring diagram for the model that has an XLR. My fault really, I should have started a new thread asking for that, but I miss read the title of this one thinking that is what the original poster was after.

To clarify... I am a repair luthier that has been presented with this bass in a rather "well used" condition, with the request as to put it back to working order. I sorted a few jobs on the bass, give it a good set up and it now plays nicely working on it's passive controls. However, the active section is having none. I have given it a relatively brief once over making sure connections are in place, but I suspect that someone may have alterered the odd connection over its lifetime and this is why I could do with a circuit diagram for this model. I intend to give it a good inspection today and it may be that I can sort it without one, but I am a little bemused by the choke that is stuck to the XLR which is the reason that I suspect it has been altered.

Looking on the net, this site is the only one where someone has posted a circuit diagram for one of these basses, albeit the later model (which is a little different). If anyone could oblige I would be most grateful.

Martin.

Ah.
The lack of circuit diagrams for this particular bass has been a bit of an issue for a while now. :)

Adding a choke to the XLR reduces RFI.

My best guess is that the B2a hasn't got a proper balanced line out and the choke will be there to get round that potential issue.

If it were me, I'd just bypass it as a starting point and just reconnect it if I get a lot of RFI.