Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette $$ Is this gold hardware authentic??

Flex

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a Warwick Corvette $$ which has had the hardware changed from black to gold.

I am inexperienced with Warwick basses so can anyone confirm that this hardware is the 'REAL' deal..

Many thanks

Flex

Link to photo is here...

[quote name='TRadford' post='864622' date='Jun 11 2010, 07:26 PM']They should have the warwick W stamped on the circular bit with Germany underneath , cant tell from that photo.[/quote]
That's true, and no, when I zoomed in, I couldn't tell either.
Is the REST of the hardware (Bridge/string retainer and control knobs) gold as well? If it isn't, then something's been changed.
From memory, the "standard" $$ Corvettes all seem to have chrome hardware. This could've been an odd one or a special order, though.

The guy has told me they were black originally.. this is true as the factory label shows it as black.. all the hardware has been changed to gold at a cost or £140.00 he has said.. the photo's are poor quality as taken with a mobile. I could just about make out a 'W' faintly (not bold like they normally are on the black tuners) in the photo, dont want to buy a dud.. thats my concern.. £500 is the asking price, comes with tool kit and gigbag.. I have seen the photo's from the guy he bought it off..

Edited by Flex

I can confirm that Warwick do have a gold option for this instruments. Here's my Warwick Corvette $$ 6 String with gold harware....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86861&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86861&hl=[/url]

[quote name='Flex' post='864770' date='Jun 11 2010, 10:42 PM']bridge is 2 piece with thw W stamped on the lower part.. in gold as well.
Is the price about right for a Corvette $$ buck in navana black??
Thanks for your input guys :)[/quote]

Given that all else is good, £500 seems okay, given that some retailers are selling them for up to £1k. Nirvana Black, (Wine?) Red and Natural seem to be the stock finishes, as most examples I've seen are in those colours.
As for the hardware, the bridge sounds authentic enough. If the tuners don't bear the "W", then they're not original.
That said, if they work okay, is it that much of an issue? If it is, ask the vendor to reduce the asking price a bit as a result.