Why become a member? ×

More of a 'praise the expert' thread.....

Dave, it did take a while to come but the VT-1 is very very good.

Its a lot more clever and versatile than I gave it credit for or expected. I have now with about an hour of fiddling got exactly the tone I was looking for....

So thank you for a great piece of kit.

One thing, while I appreciate why it was designed the way it is, it would be really cool if you could use the line in to play MP3 (or in my case drum machine) whilst in an effects loop as opposed to 'just' through the headphone side of the system.

Just my thoughts.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='862674' date='Jun 9 2010, 10:04 PM']Dave, it did take a while to come but the VT-1 is very very good.

Its a lot more clever and versatile than I gave it credit for or expected. I have now with about an hour of fiddling got exactly the tone I was looking for....

So thank you for a great piece of kit.

One thing, while I appreciate why it was designed the way it is, it would be really cool if you could use the line in to play MP3 (or in my case drum machine) whilst in an effects loop as opposed to 'just' through the headphone side of the system.

Just my thoughts.[/quote]

Many thanks for the kind words.

The headphone amp and the line in are solid state and therefore not in the signal path as they effect the tone. To add an FX loop with blend is to much in the pedal format as I only use active FX loops and use a valve, so that would be 3 on the VT2 and 2 on the VT1. I have added a valve driven blended FX loop on the VT3-Twin-EQ in 1U rack format.

Edited by DHA