Why become a member? ×

Alembic Orion 5-string fretless

TheBass

[left]

For sale is my beloved Alembic Orion 5-string fretless
- built 2000
- Original hard shell case in excellent condition.
- Zebrawood top, Mahogany body, Purpleheart veneer setting the top off from the body.
- Balance Point body.
- 5 piece Maple set neck with Walnut veneer
- Ebony fingerboard with side dot position markers.
- 34" scale comfort taper neck.
- Europa electronics (2xmini dip sw Hi/Lo-Filter, 1xmini dip sw filter Q, 3xpot LP roll off freq / volume / PU blend) with side mount jack.
The Europa electronics package is a significant upgrade over a standard fretless Orion and their versatility is readily apparent on this bass. I also think the Standard Point body and the Zebrawood top are pretty cool. Other than some slight roundwound marks on the fingerboard, the condition is excellent. With this options the current list price is approx. $7500. I am asking 2400 Euros + shipping (located in Germany, near Cologne).
[/left]

Hi The Bass
This bass belonged to Dave Houck, moderator from the Alembic club did it not?
Beautiful instrument, would you consider a trade for a '78 Fender Jazz?
I don't really see your bass as an orion as orion refers to the body shape and yours is more like a standard point although it does look to have a set neck (unless it's bookmatched to centre back and front)

Jake

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='jakesbass' post='866368' date='Jun 13 2010, 09:21 PM']Hi The Bass
This bass belonged to Dave Houck, moderator from the Alembic club did it not?
Beautiful instrument, would you consider a trade for a '78 Fender Jazz?
I don't really see your bass as an orion as orion refers to the body shape and yours is more like a standard point although it does look to have a set neck (unless it's bookmatched to centre back and front)

Jake[/quote]
That's right. I bought it from Dave 2 years ago which I never regretted. But due to financial pressure I need to sell it ... and it's already sold.