Why become a member? ×

Another gig announced...

Twigman

[quote name='Twigman' post='860099' date='Jun 7 2010, 05:18 PM']Headlining MaxiPop festival Barcelona Sept 18.
[url="http://www.casadelamusica.cat/ca/salamandra/concerts/2197/MAXI_POP:"]http://www.casadelamusica.cat/ca/salamandr.../2197/MAXI_POP:[/url][/quote]
That sounds like a fantastic gig!! Great result!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CWJ1000' post='903857' date='Jul 24 2010, 11:09 AM']Hey thats a bit harsh! Simon is a great guitarist and wrote some great parts but i can play a bit too -lets see in barcelona!
I think I play the songs pretty well and the band is sounding great - although we havent tried to copy everythng exactly - its a new intepretation too.
As I understand it Simon didnt wan't to play in the SC again, Liam and Mark did, we also have a great drummer.
I also have some bone fide claim to play with the SC - I attended the recording of their first album in the 80s, sang backing vox on one track, and also co-wrote one of their songs.

The new band sounds great and we really respect the music of the original SC and are loving keeping it alive![/quote]

btw it's not the "real" SLAG either is it - you weren't the original bass player and tony wasnt the original guitarist! ;-)

[quote name='CWJ1000' post='903895' date='Jul 24 2010, 12:00 PM']btw it's not the "real" SLAG either is it - you weren't the original bass player and tony wasnt the original guitarist! ;-)[/quote]
No it's not the real slag I agree
I was never in the real slag and I have never disputed that.
In fact I've had so many people ask if I'm also cliff silver on my facebook that I had to point out that I'm not in my fb profile.
I have removed my earlier post, made peace withloism and hope that we can all have a great time together in Barcelona.

I too recorded the 3rd slag album and was in the band during the writing of the 4th &5th albums...

I did not mean to cause any offence. Moonbassalpha is an old drinking buddy if mine and simon's and it was meant as a bit of banter between old friends.

I too respect all the old slag stuff we play - most of the set is from the early albums and I too enjoy keeping the music alive and I too acknowledge that I may not play things exactly as cliff did...

I feel really bad for posting what I did and would delete the whole thread if I could, please accept my apologies and let's not have any I'll feeling between us. I'm sure we'll allgive excellent faithful performances and have great time.

Edited by Twigman

[quote name='Twigman' post='904199' date='Jul 24 2010, 06:04 PM']No it's not the real slag I agree
I was never in the real slag and I have never disputed that.
In fact I've had so many people ask if I'm also cliff silver on my facebook that I had to point out that I'm not in my fb profile.
I have removed my earlier post, made peace withloism and hope that we can all have a great time together in Barcelona.

I too recorded the 3rd slag album and was in the band during the writing of the 4th &5th albums...

I did not mean to cause any offence. Moonbassalpha is an old drinking buddy if mine and simon's and it was meant as a bit of banter between old friends.

I too respect all the old slag stuff we play - most of the set is from the early albums and I too enjoy keeping the music alive and I too acknowledge that I may not play things exactly as cliff did...

I feel really bad for posting what I did and would delete the whole thread if I could, please accept my apologies and let's not have any I'll feeling between us. I'm sure we'll allgive excellent faithful performances and have great time.[/quote]

no problem, don't worry bout it -no offence taken - look forward to meeting you all in Barcelona and a good gig
cheers