Why become a member? ×

request to help with studio time

lojo

Hi

I do not know where to post this, but need to ask for help and am hoping that through this site this can be achieved

If this is not appropriate, or needs moving, please feel free and accept my apologies.......

I know there has been some misuse of this kind of stuff, but sadly I can easily prove the following is true

Last summer Alec, the oldest son of our guitar player Jonathan and twin to Sam, both attended a gig we were playing at. They where both keen musicians who had recently formed a band with their friends, Alex was learning and playing bass, Sam drums.
They where keen to assist us that night, and as it was school holidays, Jonathan had allowed them to do so and stay for the whole gig. Both of them helped with the PA and carrying amps etc. Alec also helped to tune the basses, both boys where brilliant.

Sadly, that night Alec died during his sleep, there was no warning of this, he was fit and healthy, and enjoyed sport alongside his music, he was a really positive and respectful kid

Jonathan returned to playing recently and is staying positive and busy, although under the surface it is one day at a time for him and his wife Debbie, he has 2 other sons along with Sam the remaining twin, who they must inspire on in life

One of our recent gigs was to play at a 50th birthday party, the family hosting the party had a son who also played within the teen band, and they therefore the boys where given the chance to play 3 songs before we did our set

The boys played really well, with Jonathan playing bass in place of Alec, once they had finished their set, unknown to everyone else including Jonathan, the boys then simply said "This one's for Alec, who died"

They then started to play a really soft guitar part, so far removed from their loved heavy music, they then built it very slowly ending in a very hard style that Alec would have loved, Sam really making use of his new double bass drum pedal

The song was really emotional, and the boys had really thought it out and put their hearts into it, and no adult, even the ones who had helped them practice their intended 3 songs had any idea about this.

Anyway, the point is, it would be great to give the boys the chance to record this, it does not need hours, does not need to be over produced or engineered, but it would be great to record and simply, keep it preserved as it is and they are now

If anyone can help offer some time where this could be done, I would be so very grateful. It would mean so much to all the boys now and in the future.

We are based in surrey, but could travel I guess as far as we need to if time allowed, which I guess is only dictated by school days etc

Thankyou for taking the time to read this, and for any help anyone can offer

Shaun

Edited by lojo