Why become a member? ×

SD Basslines STK-2 JAZZ Bass pickups (4-string pair)

Here's the other pickups I bought 'potentially' for the GMR - they're also on ebay (link below). They're actually a 'better' pickup than the 1/4-lb.'ers I fitted, but didn't suit the bass so well. They're probably not so good a 'deal' as the MEC's I've listed/ebayed but are completely new and have the box(es), instructions etc etc.
Just thought it best to add them here in case somebody might be looking for a new set and could save some ££.

STK-J2 Hot for jazz bass® by Seymour Duncan
Higher output single-coil-sized Stack®. Similar to the Classic (Vintage-voiced) Stack - STK-J1 Classic for jazz bass® , but with increased output and a thicker-sounding mid-range response. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable and logo cover. Perfect for country, pop, blues, and classic rock.
One of the most popular Basslines pickups. It captures the same great tone, presence and response of the SJB-1 Vintage single coil, but without the annoying hum. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable (optional 4-wire or 2-wire connection, depending upon what you need) and logo cover. Neck pickup is slightly shorter, as per original Fender pickups and routings.
These were bought for a project but never used. So they're brand-new and with original boxes, instructions etc. rrp on these is about £75 each, though I think you can get them for about £60 each online (plus postage).

ebay: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160183522312&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=006[/url]

£88 (posted)

Yes... never been very keen on active pickups: I bought these to replace the Active MEC's and then found a good deal on the 1/4-lb.'ers, so ended up with both and then had to decide between the two (pairs). Found the latter to be more suited to the bass.