Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Recomendations of a Quality 6 String up to £ 1500

Chris Horton

Hi Again,

As promised , here are some pickies of my new bass, i'm super chuffed :)

I bought it from a fellow bass chatter , It has been loved & played and still in great condition.

looking at the serial number and doing a bit of an internet search , i think that the bass was made in June 1998.

[attachment=65149:1.JPG] [attachment=65150:2.JPG] [attachment=65151:3.JPG]

[attachment=65152:4.JPG] [attachment=65153:5.JPG] [attachment=65154:6.JPG]

I could not really justify spending £1500 . I think that " Thombassmonkey " Is right , £1500 is a lot of money to pay when I was not sure if I would get on with a 6 string.
I fourtunatly was able to pick this great instrument up for almost a third of my initial budget.

I am getting used to the slightly longer fretboard and wider neck. It takes me a bit of thinking about when playing . It is good to be kept on your toes :) . I am getting to grips with it though.
I love the tone of the TRB , This bass sounds fantastic through my Epifani rig. Clear , defined and punchy .

This bass is very versitile , it has all the tones available that i think you may want from the high C string which can be anything from ultra zingey to clear and walm through to the awesome low B string which can be anything from clear and punchy to a deep reggae subby sound.

I am new to the 6 string world , But this bass does everything ( and far more ) that I could ever wish for from a bass guitar.

I was a bit nervous about buying a 6 string , But , If anyone is thinking about getting into paying a 6 string bass , I would highly recomend checking out one of these beasts.
The build quality is up there with the best. Very solid . The only down side as far as i can see is the weight. This is the heavest bass that I have ever owned. It has the same mass as a small Plannet :D

This is a whole lot of bass / tone / quality for £500 squids. This is a great way to test the "6 string" water without spending a large amount of money.

A big thank you to the BC community for sharing their thoughts / wisdom etc.
Its fantastic to hear other bass players comments and is so helpful when diving into something new :lol:

Edited by Chris Horton

I'd be very happy with that for £500. The TRB range set a bench mark for professional 6 string basses.

Unless you fall in love with a specific bass, you'll find that rather than just being a good 'introduction' to 6ers, I think you'll find you have actually bought a serious bit of kit that will fulfil pretty much every need you'll ever have.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1039937' date='Nov 28 2010, 02:20 PM']I'd be very happy with that for £500. The TRB range set a bench mark for professional 6 string basses.

Unless you fall in love with a specific bass, you'll find that rather than just being a good 'introduction' to 6ers, I think you'll find you have actually bought a serious bit of kit that will fulfil pretty much every need you'll ever have.[/quote]

I Think you are right , The more i play this bass the more i realise what a great all round instrument it is :)