Why become a member? ×

Yet another frankenstein about to be created, thanks ebay

Dave Vader

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120572086610&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_896"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...IT#ht_500wt_896[/url]

Just bought this body from ebay (who sadly seem to have stopped me deep-linking to their images, or it may be a chrome thing)
2 dirty great drill holes all the way through it, but I was going for a player anyway. Once I've defretted the maple neck from my Dave bass (which has now got another fretless neck on it) I'm going for a maple P-bass using this thing. Might leave it natural like it is, and slap either a black or a tort guard on it, or make my dream midnight blue translucent and tort P-bass.
So many choices....

Lol. I was looking at this too but got put off by what appears in the pics to be a couple of big gaps where the laminates join... might just be the pics though. Funnily enough the holes (which probably kept the price down) weren't bothering me.
I was think of a maple P (with black p/g) too.
Good luck.

[quote name='Johnston' post='848901' date='May 26 2010, 08:48 PM']I was lookin at that with about half hour to go but it looks like it could be [b]starting to split at the join [/b]at the bottom, which put me off.

[b]Any ideas what the extra holes were for? [/b] The on nearest the bridge looks like its got two smaller holes for screws beside it :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:[/quote]
Seems like I'm not the only one then.

I can't imagine what the bigger holes are about but I would say that the one nearer the bridge had a thumb rest over it to disguise it.

I'm guessing the big holes were to bolt it to a pub wall at some point, these things happen a lot.
Splits don't bother me, pour in a lot of glue, clamp it, job done. I had a townsended strat I did that too a couple of years ago, the guy who bought it off me is still very happy with it. Splits at the neck end I'd worry about more.