Why become a member? ×

F/S Sandberg Cali JM4 Supreme £600. SOLD

alexisonfire

I've had a proper look at the bass and took some pictures.

The paint apart from that stated below is perfect, no swirl marks or even little scratches. All standard Sandberg refinements. Sounds beautiful (have a look through the forum for reviews ect)

Bad points (being ruthless) ...

Pre amp battery compartment cover: The two bits where it clips in have snapped, still clips in but doesn't fully close. (Cheap fix which I'll do if it takes a while to sell)

Two hairline cracks and a tiny shallow chip on the headstock. (as shown below)

Little dink towards the very bottom of the neck.

Specs here: [url="http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/basscat-overview/calj-series/caljmsupreme"]http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/basscat-ove...es/caljmsupreme[/url]

Please note this has the Delano pickups.

Could do with a new set of strings and a set up (little bit rattly on the first three frets)

Comes with Sandberg gigbag

Thanks for looking.

Will take £600

Thanks.

Edited by alexisonfire

[quote name='alexisonfire' post='847569' date='May 25 2010, 03:12 PM']Ok so my credit card bill is a bit silly so Im looking at moving on my JM4. It would have been my precision if it didn't have sentimental value.

I'm at work right now so haven't got pics to upload, here's a link to the origin post. It's in the same condition as I bought it back then. I'll upload my own tonight after a restring and a think.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70894&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70894&hl=[/url]

I'm looking at £650 shipped, ok I know I bought it for £500 but he only reason I'm selling it is to clear this bill, otherwise I'll be grasping onto it with both hands while kicking off Barclays with my feet! I'm gonna restring it and upload my own pics tonight (fresh strings might change my view on selling).

Thanks for looking.[/quote]

Good luck with it. I got one in black a couple of months from another BCer. It's a cracking instrument, a delight to play and fantastically well put together. It's currently displaced my 76 Jazz as my go to bass, which says a lot.

At £650 that's a pretty keen deal too - recommended.

[quote name='alexisonfire' post='847569' date='May 25 2010, 03:12 PM']Pre amp battery compartment cover: The two bits where it clips in have snapped, still clips in but doesn't fully close. (Cheap fix which I'll do if it takes a while to sell)[/quote]

Same thing happened to mine - it's frustrating that the battery compartments on these aren't really all that, on an instrument of otherwise fantastic quality. I've got a replacement on it's way from the very helpful Pete at Jam Guitars - not expensive. In future I'm gonna have a strip of gaffer over the battery cover to protect it from my onstage exertions!

Bloody typical. Ive been asking on here for one of these for a while now
And now i have decided i dont really need another bass and this comes along.

what colour is it. I cant tell by the dark pics (sorry if its already stated)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='849591' date='May 27 2010, 05:09 PM']Ill have the Black JM4 ;-)[/quote]
You lot'll have me bass-less! They're not going anywhere fast.

Do us a favour though and make me an offer on the Westone :)

[quote name='fraff' post='849619' date='May 27 2010, 05:47 PM']You lot'll have me bass-less! They're not going anywhere fast.

Do us a favour though and make me an offer on the Westone :)[/quote]

Ill give you £600 for the Westone if you throw in the JM4 lol.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='849764' date='May 27 2010, 08:31 PM']Ill give you £600 for the Westone if you throw in the JM4 lol.[/quote]
Do I have a sign saying born yesterday round my neck :) Nice try!