Why become a member? ×

Status Buzzard 2 with red LEDs

jimijimmi

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='847261' date='May 25 2010, 10:17 AM']ive had a hell of a lot of interest at 1500...a couple of offers very close to that too..

you compare mine to OB, his is white...the Black one (like mine) was the same as JE's as youll already know and with LED's..

as for the case..well,it doesnt add anything to the way a bass plays,feels,sounds or looks,so ive never seen a case as an issue?...a case is a case. ill gladly build a case from fire wood if its that much of an issue :) haha

and ofcourse, its only worth as much as someone will give me for it..but that doesnt mean its worth that to me, as i have the right to decline a crap offer..its worth £1500 for me allllllll dayyyyyyy long after ive done some more research...its what id expect to pay for one if i wanted one....

and as for the ding, are we playing these basses or looking at our reflection in them? hah :-P

if people dont want it,they shouldnt be offended by me selling it..
its mine, and i can ask what i want for it :rolleyes:[/quote]

Good - I'm glad you've had a lot of interest at £1500. I knew that was around the right ballpark figure, because a lot of people will go for the Ox influence & it's the right colour. The side LED's are also a useful £350 bonus to the right player.

What most people don't quite grasp is that after an initial drop, high end Status basses are pretty depreciation proof for the next twenty years or so if they're kept in a nice condition. They're also, thankfully, market proof as well. A Fender Jazz (as a for instance) will lose about 30-40 percent as soon as it leaves the shop, but thanks to the bullet proof build and finishes on a Status, as well as the peerless quality control, your average Status will only lose a very small amount over a very very long period. It's why Rob Green has kept the business small and almost select.

With Rob finally putting his prices up in the last year or so (after a very long period of them being static), the used prices are keeping very well in line with the new price list. Basically, you'll be hard pressed to see a nice condition S2 of any age below £1k and the nicer the spec, condition and woods, the more they're worth. Same goes for the Buzzard models - As you said, your LED-equipped B2 is worth £1500 all day long & it's worth the next owner getting a little chip refinished on such a nice looking bass, should they see the need.

Status is a good place to put your money, basically. :lol:

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

hey Gareth

please dont think i was aiming anything or whatever, everythings cool!

opinions are like ass holes-everyones got one...

it doesnt matter either way...

i wasnt trying to load it onto you for your alembic,i only offerd...

it seems the world is a very bitchy place when im involved :/

and yup,i did mention the marks on my tbird, but a vintage tbird is slightly different...unless ofcourse its being compared to your B1-which we all know there is no comparason :)

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='847903' date='May 25 2010, 08:50 PM']we are walsall haha :)[/quote]

surely you mean "we am walsall"

btw i think we indirectly know each other... Im mike from TR's son, mates with ash sheehan and greg etc

[quote name='JMT3781' post='847912' date='May 25 2010, 08:55 PM']surely you mean "we am walsall"

btw i think we indirectly know each other... Im mike from TR's son, mates with ash sheehan and greg etc[/quote]

oh ok,i know Ash and Gregg...im unsure which is Mike from TR tho? sorry..do you have a sister?
nice to meet ya here anyways! ha

j

[quote name='garethox' post='845114' date='May 22 2010, 02:42 PM']I'd disagree myself.... especially in todays financial climate. Ollie B was selling a mint one with flightcase for less than that (about £1.3K) and couldn't shift it - in fact he still hasn't after many many months.
Personally I think for it to sell it'd have to be around £900 - £1K. Probably not what it is worth - but then again it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A start price of £1.5K may put a lot of people off and for that price they may expect better condition and a flightcase?
For instance £1.5K + £195 for a new flightcase = £1.695K.... very nearly the price of a new one at £2039 which includes the case....

Just an opinion as asked for above!

Good luck with the sale though and I hope it sells for what you'd like Jimmi.[/quote]
read the forum rules please.

5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price.

Edited by umph

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Thunder Fingers' post='851881' date='May 30 2010, 03:55 PM']Did it sell? I see the Ebay-auction have ended.. I'm realy debating with myself over somehow getting you to ship it, or if I shall get an Spector.[/quote]

i have a guy coming here this weekend to view the bass...
i will ship to you, at your cost if youre interested.....id take the Status over a Spector any day!!

:)