Why become a member? ×

Allohaaa...............

Tone le Bone

Oh my God have bass martians suddenly landed and taken up residence in Surrey?? :huh:
Have had a look around the site and I love it, just what us bassists need, a pool of unlimited knowledge. Whoohoo!

I have been playing bass for the last 5 years, having dabbled in guitar, I decided to be more constructive with the bass, so I took my London College of Music exams up to grade 5. From there, a good friend who is a drummer, and I went to the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford Surrey on a part time course. (Fantastic value for money, highly recommended). From there the two of us met up with two guitarists and formed a band. That was 18 momths ago.

We play Red Hot Chillies, Stereophonics, Rolling Stones, Green Day, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Feeder, Josh Kelly, Hendrix, Paul Weller and The Cure! :)
Pretty diverse set!

I am lucky (or mad enough) to play a Warwick Streamer Stage 1, a 4 string Musicman Singray, and my latest aquisition as of last Saturday is a G&L 5 string L2500 which sounds sooooooooooo nice!
I play this through a Warwick Profet 5.1 head linked to a Warwick 4x11 cab.

Laters Dudes,

Tone Le Bone

[quote name='Tone le Bone' post='91904' date='Nov 20 2007, 11:16 PM']Oh my God have bass martians suddenly landed and taken up residence in Surrey?? :huh:
Have had a look around the site and I love it, just what us bassists need, a pool of unlimited knowledge. Whoohoo!

I have been playing bass for the last 5 years, having dabbled in guitar, I decided to be more constructive with the bass, so I took my London College of Music exams up to grade 5. From there, a good friend who is a drummer, and I went to the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford Surrey on a part time course. (Fantastic value for money, highly recommended). From there the two of us met up with two guitarists and formed a band. That was 18 momths ago.

We play Red Hot Chillies, Stereophonics, Rolling Stones, Green Day, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Feeder, Josh Kelly, Hendrix, Paul Weller and The Cure! :)
Pretty diverse set!

I am lucky (or mad enough) to play a Warwick Streamer Stage 1, a 4 string Musicman Singray, and my latest aquisition as of last Saturday is a G&L 5 string L2500 which sounds sooooooooooo nice!
I play this through a Warwick Profet 5.1 head linked to a Warwick 4x11 cab.

Laters Dudes,

Tone Le Bone[/quote]

Martians are everywhere :huh: and yes, they do play bass. :huh:

Sounds like a great mix of covers you have there. Welcome to basschat especially to your new G&L, they are lovely!