Why become a member? ×

FS: Ibanez BTB PQM custom shop 5

cgordonfreeman

Hello all,

Up for sale is my Ibanez BTB PQM 2 custom shop bass. One of two made, the other one made for Santanas bass player.

The specs are:
Mahogany body,
5 piece maple/bubinga neck,
Pao Ferro fretboard,
Quilted maple top w/accent,
Matching headstock,
Bartolini pickups, Piezo pickups in bridge,
Custom Fishman preamp,
Individual trimpots for piezos,
Black Chrome hardware.

It comes with a gig bag, not hardcase as pictured but it will be well packed.

Price: €800
Any questions?
Just ask.

Cheers,
John

Edited by cgordonfreeman

Just to clarify, Ibanez don't sell custom shop instruments directly to the public, you have to be an endorsing artist to get your hands on one and as such their custom shop basses are very rare. Google Ibanez custom shop bass and you'll see what I mean.

The quality of materials used is top notch. For example, the mahogany is just as nice as is used on my Chris Larkin custom and the quilt top is pretty '3D' looking.

A few details that I forgot to put in my first post:
19mm String spacing,
35inch scale,
Dual truss rods.

I'll also include shipping anywhere in Europe.

Ideally i'd prefer Bank Transfer for payment as I don't have a credit card so can't fully activate my Paypal account but if you wanted to use Paypal and were happy to send payment to a friend of mine, that could be arranged too.

Cheers,
John

Ho, :)

I can add that this bass was mine some times ago, and this one was made on my specifications.
Cause I had the chance to work in japan for some months and was working with the friend of
a luthier working in the Custom dept of Ibanez. (reason for this creation)

I required the same as Benny Rietvield (Santana bass player with some modifications :
quilted maple / benny's one is flammed maple
and would like to add piezzo for more tonal acoustic character)

Very good bass IMO.

I know someone looking to a custom Ibanez, I will contact him and let you know John.

Edited by flychris

[quote name='flychris' post='843479' date='May 20 2010, 06:58 PM']Ho, :)

I can add that this bass was mine some times ago, and this one was made on my specifications.
Cause I had the chance to work in japan for some months and was working with the friend of
a luthier working in the Custom dept of Ibanez. (reason for this creation)

I required the same as Benny Rietvield (Santana bass player with some modifications :
quilted maple / benny's one is flammed maple
and would like to add piezzo for more tonal acoustic character)

Very good bass IMO.

I know someone looking to a custom Ibanez, I will contact him and let you know John.[/quote]
Thanks Chris! It's in great condition. I've never gigged it as I've never had the opportunity to since I got it but noodling at home you can get a variety of nice tones.

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful bass. I remember drooling over the pictures of this bass when Buddha was selling it, long time ago indeed.

How does it sound? I really like the sound of high-end Ibanez like the SR-Prestige (well, the older ones, when they had Ibanez-made pickups and not Barts').

I might be interested who knows. I'll see. ^^

Thanks.

[quote name='Morgoth' post='889028' date='Jul 7 2010, 09:11 PM']Beautiful bass. I remember drooling over the pictures of this bass when Buddha was selling it, long time ago indeed.

How does it sound? I really like the sound of high-end Ibanez like the SR-Prestige (well, the older ones, when they had Ibanez-made pickups and not Barts').

I might be interested who knows. I'll see. ^^

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi,

This'll sound very cliched for someone trying to sell a bass but it sounds very versatile, ranging from zingy hi-fi to a very old school P-bass type of thing. The combo of the magnetic and piezo makes it very versatile.

To be honest, i've no experience gigging or recording with it so maybe the best thing to do would be PM flychris (the original owner) and ask his experience with it?

Cheers,
John