Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Prima 5

Dragonlord

OK, I think I'll let my Prima go... I am totally in love with the thing, but I don't like the bartolini pickups and preamp. To replace them, I would also have to drill some holes on the instrument, and a) I really don't want to do that, it's a shame, as (besides being an awesome bass) it also has some historical value (it's one of the 30 first basses that Sheldon made after the fire) and B) the cost of all the repair work, new pickups and new preamp is too much, it makes more sense to sell this one and buy one that has other pickups to begin with.
The Dingwall Primas are now discontinued - the only way to get a Prima is to get a Prima Artist, which will cost you something like $8000-9000, not to mention the 2+ year wait. The Prima is the top of the Dingwall line, and there are very, very few of these in Europe. This one has a maple neck, pau ferro fretboard, walnut body and flame maple top and back. Comes with the custom Bartolini pickups that Dingwall was using in the 90s (this bass was built in 1998, but is in GREAT condition) and the 3-band bartolini ntbt preamp. The volume knob acts like a passive/active switch, and you can also choose among three mid frequencies (250, 500 and 800 hz). Black tuners and knobs... what else do you need to know? Ask away. Photos will follow.

Price: 4000 euro shipped. A new Afterburner II will cost you more than 3000 euro (for example: [url="http://www.californiamusic.fr/dingwall_afterburner_ii_hollow_body,produit_1280.html"]http://www.californiamusic.fr/dingwall_aft...oduit_1280.html[/url] 3690) and Primas, when available, cost more than $1000 more than an ABII and this has a few extras, like 24 frets, pearl bar inlays and all-walnut body instead of walnut/alder).

Edited by Dragonlord