Why become a member? ×

Fender Blender as bass distortion!

JimmyStrange

I just had to get this one in as I can't find any other posts for it. I run:

Ampeg sub octave -> Fender Blender -> Sansamp BDDI

Three fantastic pedals, any one of them gives a killer sound, all 3 together is just monumental with a capital MM :)

As a player in a three piece the blender is great for giving a guitar sound when needed, but I cannot recommend it highly enough. I almost didn't want to share because I am so happy with this sound I wanted to keep it for myself. I do only use it sparingly in the band set up for obvious reasons. Please try it. you do have to play for a little while when you get it to find the settings that are right for you, but now I've nailed the sound I want from it when its on I haven't had to tweak it in 6 months. If i get chance over the weekend I'll try and add some sound clips. If anyone else has used/uses one of these I'd love to hear what you think.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='837146' date='May 14 2010, 01:53 PM']Been gassing for one of these for ages. Just waiting for one at the right price
sounds absolutely huge through a decent rig with the sound set just perfectly. I thought I was the only one![/quote]
I've got the custom reissue. Cost about £90. A quick search on google finds it. I did pretty extensive research and the opinion seems to be that the reissue is true to the original, built like a jeep too (ie not quite a tank, but you still won't break it unless you're trying damn hard). I play it with my ampeg B2 Combo, which is basically the head slotted in with a 15, and a 410HE. Buy it. NOW!