Why become a member? ×

Marshall 72115 DBS 1x15 200w Combo

chriswilliams666

I have used the DBS 72410 which is with 4x10, but the head is the same. It is a great amp - built like a tank, very balanced tone, I was playing a lot of different genres - worked well for all of them. Not very loud, so on some gigs I had to use an additional 18' cab and another amp. Other than that - I would say it's a great combo, I think the 72115 won't be that different. I am pretty sure you'll be happy with that combo. Well... it weights a lot :) but since you gonna use it for rehearsals, you won't have any problems.

Cheers,
Steff.

Edit: Sorry, I missed that - rehearsals AND SMALL GIGS... Well in my opinion will handle the small gigs, but bear in mind it is VERY heavy... I have always handled myself all my gear, even my 1516 Mesa, which was a fridge, but this combo was really giving me a hard time... It is a torture to lift it and carry it by yourself, even if you are a really fit guy. But still worth it because of its sound.

Edited by Steff

They have a DBS 7xxx something at Eastwood studios in Milton Keynes. Its a 400watt 2x15 head and cab s version. very versatile with valve and solid pre. You won't use the SS as the valve is really very nice and warm but not at all muddy. I was quite amazed when I first heard it. If I remember when these where produced, Marshall and the Trace had a bit of a war, so they where trying to outdo each other. Its kind of the opposite of the Trace Elliot SMX which had a great SS pre and a not so hot valve pre (compared to this dude). They are coming from opposite sides of the spectrum. The one I have used at this studio is 400 watt at 4ohm but it can dump 2000watts peak ........... its loud. All in all very nice, underated amps. You won't gig with it though. they are made from heavy duty dense plywood stuff, for tone. I think they would be lighter if they where made from lead. The one there though has a white tolex case, looks like Barry Whites pants! H