Why become a member? ×

Mowac's repainted Jaydee MK Series 1

Mowac

Here is new pics of my recently repainted Jaydee that use to be pearl pink. It is now 'burnt orange'. The entire bass had to be relaquered to match the new paint job. Also the bass originally came with white control compartment covers. I had new black ones made to match. Why 'burnt orange' you ask? I've never seen another Jaydee with that color. Sorry for the long download time, as I didn't reduce the picture sizes.

cheers,

Edited by Mowac

[quote name='GeeCee' post='832602' date='May 9 2010, 04:50 PM']Who did you have do the work (if you don't mind me asking)? Cheers.[/quote]
I had it done by a local guitar luthier that lives only a few miles from home.
He has worked on a dozen bass projects for me. He fixed the neck issues that I had on my Jaydee MK2 in cherry red
and refretted it for me. He relaquered my Washburn-Status headless also. He has replaced the nut on several of my basses and makes them by hand. It's a luxury to have a very skilled luthier that close by.

[quote name='Mowac' post='832764' date='May 9 2010, 10:34 PM']I had it done by a local guitar luthier that lives only a few miles from home.
He has worked on a dozen bass projects for me. He fixed the neck issues that I had on my Jaydee MK2 in cherry red
and refretted it for me. He relaquered my Washburn-Status headless also. He has replaced the nut on several of my basses and makes them by hand. It's a luxury to have a very skilled luthier that close by.[/quote]

How do you get around the loss of the decals on the front and back of the headstock when the old lacquer is stripped off? Also, am I correct in thinking you're located in NC? I have a JD bass that needs some work done on the headstock that will likely require a partial refinish and did not want to ship it back to John (too expensive).

• 3 weeks later...