Why become a member? ×

Problem With LMK

Pete Academy

I'm having a problem with my Markbass LMK amp. A couple of months ago, as I went to tune up with my Boss TU-2 tuner, my amp tripped out. When I switched it back on it worked perfectly the rest of the set. I decided to try it at another gig without the tuner. Worked perfectly all night. I thought it might be the tuner or the power supply, so I sold the TU-2 and bought a Korg Pitch Black. I used the tuner without a power supply and the amp worked perfectly. At last Friday's gig, I used a power supply for the Korg. About half way through the gig, I went to tune up and again the amp tripped out. Switched it on and off again, and it worked perfectly for the rest of the night.

The common denominator seems to be the tuner and power supply to it. Anyone know why this might be happening?

I've had this with my Dad's LM2 before. I think it's something to do with the amp protecting itself from a surge of power to the input. It trips out, you turn it off and back on and it's fine again. Try turning the input down and the output up a little bit. I was worried the first time it happened to me as I thought I was gonna have to fork out to get my Dad's amp repaired but after reporting it back to him he said it had happened to him a few times too!

[quote name='Higgie' post='832395' date='May 9 2010, 05:45 PM']I've had this with my Dad's LM2 before. I think it's something to do with the amp protecting itself from a surge of power to the input. It trips out, you turn it off and back on and it's fine again. Try turning the input down and the output up a little bit. I was worried the first time it happened to me as I thought I was gonna have to fork out to get my Dad's amp repaired but after reporting it back to him he said it had happened to him a few times too![/quote]

Thanks, Higgie, will do. :)