Why become a member? ×

(SOLD) Riverside Headless, Hohner B2A Copy £75

Davy

I'm selling my Riverside Headless which appears to be a copy of a Hohner B2A except that it's passive rather than active like the Hohner.

I bought it from Ebay a couple of months ago purely to try a headless bass before buying a real Hohner B2A.

It's red, has two pickups at the bridge and neck and has two volumes and one tone control.

The previous owner has moved the original jack socket from the side to the front for some reason (see photos) but they seem to have made a decent job of it, apart from leaving the original hole on the side.

It is in decent condition but has a chip on the side (see photo) and a small ding on the front.

I have put some new strings on and have brought the action down but it might benefit from a more professional set up than I could manage.

It plays well enough for a budget guitar and is very light.

It will take regular strings as the ball ends go at the top of the neck and the loose ends go into the bridge, in the same way as they are wrapped around regular tuning pegs.

The E and A tuners are a little tight for the last bit of fine adjustment but maybe a bit of WD40 will sort that out.

I would guess that this guitar would appeal to someone who is thinking about buying a Hohner B2 or Steinberger but can't get their hands on one to try it first (for a general feel that is). I found that I loved the feel of a headless guitar but I always knew I was only buying it to try for a month or two so here it is for you buy.

It might also be suitable for a part-custom build project.

Includes a padded case, not the hohner type but smaller than a regular bass gig bag.

£75 + £15 postage if you aren't close enough to collect.

[attachment=49210:CIMG1529.JPG] [attachment=49211:CIMG1530.JPG] [attachment=49212:CIMG1531.JPG]
[attachment=49213:CIMG1532.JPG] [attachment=49214:CIMG1534.JPG] [attachment=49215:CIMG1535.JPG]
[attachment=49216:CIMG1537.JPG]

Edited by Davy

[quote name='Davy' post='831566' date='May 8 2010, 04:32 PM']I'm selling my Riverside Headless which appears to be a copy of a Hohner B2A except that it's passive rather than active like the Hohner.

I bought it from Ebay a couple of months ago purely to try a headless bass before buying a real Hohner B2A.

It's red, has two pickups at the bridge and neck and has two volumes and one tone control.

The previous owner has moved the original jack socket from the side to the front for some reason (see photos) but they seem to have made a decent job of it, apart from leaving the original hole on the side.

It is in decent condition but has a chip on the side (see photo) and a small ding on the front.

I have put some new strings on and have brought the action down but it might benefit from a more professional set up than I could manage.

It plays well enough for a budget guitar and is very light.

It will take regular strings as the ball ends go at the top of the neck and the loose ends go into the bridge, in the same way as they are wrapped around regular tuning pegs.

The E and A tuners are a little tight for the last bit of fine adjustment but maybe a bit of WD40 will sort that out.

I would guess that this guitar would appeal to someone who is thinking about buying a Hohner B2 or Steinberger but can't get their hands on one to try it first (for a general feel that is). I found that I loved the feel of a headless guitar but I always knew I was only buying it to try for a month or two so here it is for you buy.

It might also be suitable for a part-custom build project.

Includes a padded case, not the hohner type but smaller than a regular bass gig bag.

£75 + £15 postage if you aren't close enough to collect.

[attachment=49210:CIMG1529.JPG] [attachment=49211:CIMG1530.JPG] [attachment=49212:CIMG1531.JPG]
[attachment=49213:CIMG1532.JPG] [attachment=49214:CIMG1534.JPG] [attachment=49215:CIMG1535.JPG]
[attachment=49216:CIMG1537.JPG][/quote]

pm'd!