Why become a member? ×

marcus miller jazz 4 string

dabootsy

I have recently bought a Marcus Miller Jazz bass 4string model and the strings are begining to become a bit lifeless. this strings that came on it were great, does anyone know the type and gauge that come as standard on these as i wish to get the same again

any help would be great

cheers

[quote name='dabootsy' post='90140' date='Nov 18 2007, 09:45 AM']I have recently bought a Marcus Miller Jazz bass 4string model and the strings are begining to become a bit lifeless. this strings that came on it were great, does anyone know the type and gauge that come as standard on these as i wish to get the same again

any help would be great

cheers[/quote]

Isn't that info. on the Fender website?

Hold on... here it is:- Strings

Super 7250M, NPS, p/n 073-7250-006,
Gauges: (.045, .065, .085, .105)

I bought a Marcus Miller Jazz back in May and have to agree, I was pleasantly surprised with the strings that it came with.

Once they went I put Warwick Red Labels on (45-105) as I had a few sets, and to be honest, they just didn't feel the same right from day one. The brightness went out of them pretty quickly too, and I'm not a real "sweaty hand" type player either.

Just got myself some DR Fat Beams imported from the good ole' U.S. of A. and they're lovely. Nice and bright, and feel very smooth at the same time. Only just put the first set on so it's difficult to make the comparison in how long they'll stay bright for. Very nice price too :)

Edited by Thunderthumbs