Why become a member? ×

A simple Westone project

Well here it is, this is gonna be my first attempt at putting a bass together.

I bought a Westone Thunder I body off ebay for £20 a while ago and it had been badly routed to make it a Thunder II so first job was to tidy the rout. neck i decided to get a neck. Realising getting one made would cost a bomb and I dont trust myself fretting etc. at the mo.

Ebay again! I Found a Tanglewood Bantam neck unused for £30 and so I have now sanded off the headstock. I also got a Gotoh 201 (cosmo blck) bridge and some unknown black machine heads..... I hate the machine heads i want cosmo black! any one willing to swap with a litle cash on my side please get in touch :)

Being a student i now have very little if any money! So Ive put the word out to you kind basschatters if anyone is willing to donate electrical parts! Orangepeelneil has kindly offered his Tokai Pbass pickups once he has made the change but that is all as of now.

I thought i would be adventurous with the control plate and so i managd to get hold of some mahogany scraps from college and make them myself (Even thouh one did get eaten by the belt sander! Good job i make spares!) pics to come of these

Ive now started to paint it! I wanted a blue wood dye but I have settled for a clear blue laquer........ Oh dear I seem to have made a schoolboy error and not used laquer thinner beforehand!!! It is patchy and has gone everywhere!

Ok new paint job, less is more eh? pics up soon dudes

[attachment=48863:Westone_1.JPG]
[attachment=48864:Westone_2.JPG]
[attachment=48865:Westone_3.JPG]
[attachment=48866:Westone_4.JPG]
[attachment=49109:Westone_5.JPG]
[attachment=49110:Westone_7.JPG]
[attachment=49111:Westone_8.JPG]

Edited by Anthony Joseph Waczek III

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='7string' post='832727' date='May 10 2010, 12:34 AM'][url="http://www.axesrus.com/"]Axes R Us[/url] will have the electronic parts you need.

Their prices pretty darn good and their service is excellent.[/quote]

cheers dude ive had a gander and im rather confused, i know it would be best to get a jazz wiring kit but what power/ impedance and whatnot i havent a clue :-/