Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz / pedal problem

fryer

Dave, I've been a member for a while, and not asked you before, so here goes.

I have a Genz Benz shuttle 6, and have recently bought a Soundblox Pro distortion pedal. Once the GB warms up, say 5 seconds, it produces a Morse Code type noise through the speaker. This happens with the pedal connected before the amp or through the effects loop. ( with the latter, it even makes the noise with the amp on mute. )

I've tried it with a different amp ( a Marshall lead guitar combo ) and this works fine.

Is it something to do with the GB digital ? power supply is has instead of a transformer ?

Escholl has suggested a few things, including the power supply I am using, which is the included 2 pin with a uk adaptor.

Any ideas please ?

Richard

[quote name='fryer' post='826213' date='May 3 2010, 09:22 AM']Dave, I've been a member for a while, and not asked you before, so here goes.

I have a Genz Benz shuttle 6, and have recently bought a Soundblox Pro distortion pedal. Once the GB warms up, say 5 seconds, it produces a Morse Code type noise through the speaker. This happens with the pedal connected before the amp or through the effects loop. ( with the latter, it even makes the noise with the amp on mute. )

I've tried it with a different amp ( a Marshall lead guitar combo ) and this works fine.

Is it something to do with the GB digital ? power supply is has instead of a transformer ?

Escholl has suggested a few things, including the power supply I am using, which is the included 2 pin with a uk adaptor.

Any ideas please ?

Richard[/quote]

first idea would be to agree with Escholl and say the power supply.

But if that was the case then it should be the same with the Marshall. So maybe its an earth problem. try putting a different pedal between them, anything will do its just an idea to check something out.

Dave