Why become a member? ×

FT 86 Warwick Streamer fretless *MINT*

warwickhunt

I doubt I'll [u]ever[/u] be able to find a better condition 'vintage' Warwick again (or one that is as light) but as I only own a couple of others, both of which I've had for 15 - 20 years, I guess this is the obvious choice to trade (along with the Stingray).

If you need specific details I'll try and help you out but basically if you know your old Warwicks then you know the low-down on this.

Cherry body, 1 piece bridge, Wenge neck with Cherry (possibly Maple depending on who you believe) stringers, Ebony fingerboard with side dots where the frets 'should' be, EMG pups and it weighs approx 8.5lb.

All original and everything is clean and ding/dint free with just the odd tiny mark which I'd never be able to capture with the camera.

Comes either with the original very earliest Warwick gigbag OR a generic hardcase (your choice) and a set of straplocks to attach to your strap.

I don't want to clutter the thread with images but if you want a specific shot just let me know and I'll PM or email them to you.

I'd be interested in any of the following and cash can go either way (all fretted and 4 string!)

Musicman Sterling pref sun/amberburst or Buttercream but not LPB/DK red.

A 'lightweight' P or J bass (doesn't have to be fender) - the closer to 8lb the better... not common I realise but not unheard of. This could be a one of the new Roadworns, HW1 (sad I know but I like the relic look), CV Squier or a genuine vintage(ish) bass. Again, my [u]preferred[/u] colour scheme is 'burst/tort/rosewood.

A Roscoe - never had one but I'm always interested in the esoteric.

A Lakland DJ - I realise it's a HUGE ask to find a light one of these but you never know. No LPB basses.

A Warwick - Streamer preferably but defo not a Thumb.

Lastly - anything that is a bit different but I must stress 'lightweight' only but no cricket bat basses.

NOTE - Please be aware that I've been disappointed in the past by sellers claims that a bass is "lighter than any other bass I've owned" etc. if you are interested in trading I want [b][i]accurate[/i][/b] weights! Sorry to be a pain in the backside about my weight demands but I have a recurring shoulder injury and I've now got to accept that however much I love a bass; 9lb is a 'maximum' weight.

• 3 weeks later...