Why become a member? ×

Had a blinding time at my 40th!!!

51m0n

Had a joint 40th party over the weekend with an old mate of mine (drummer) who was in a band with me from about '92 to '96.

We decided (months ago) to try and get that band to headline the party, but couldn't get hold of the singer, so Plux volunteered (what a star!)

Two drummers, and a fairly obvious Japanese noise band (think Ground Zero) influence (amongst many many others) ensured that your average pub crowd tended to do a runner back in the day.

Plenty of people turned up, I got to play a really long jam set (epic singer failure forcing the jam choice upon us) with another band earlier in the evening, which went down a storm, mainly cause we were using some fairly classic riffs and tracks as the basis for the jamming, rather than just "doing one" all the way through..

Plux did us all proud, totally owned the place, the band was as tight as I can remember it ever being, and the crowd (largely made up of old farts) were either very forgiving, very open minded or very very drunk, but they all really enjoyed it and got the humour in the whole thing (something that was lacking back in the day).

One of the best gigs I've ever done, wish I had a recording of it, but got so overrun with questions that I never had a chance to set up the Zoom :)

Big thanks to anyone involved who reads this too!

I dont know what was the best bit, getting to play really mental music with some great friends, or getting to play some really ace jammage with some great friends ...

Or getting to hear Plux's Berg rig at full chat in a band situation (we lent it to one of the other bands' bassist on her first gig - they were superb, and so was she) - best bass sound I've ever heard at a gig - hope mine sounded as good!

Or the cake my partner made, which was 3'6" across!!

Edited by 51m0n