Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray - Glasgow Gumtree

Hey all

Here's a story...

I recently won this auction [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220594199861&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT[/url]

A really nice MM 'Ray for a great price, i'm sure you'll all agree. However when I went to pay the seller told me that they'd listed it by mistake and that he'd sold the bass the previous night - Aye Right!

I had noticed previously that the bass had been for sale on Glasgow Gumtree and he wanted £800 so I guess he felt that the selling price was too low and now he's lying to avoid selling it.

I had a friend contact him to find out more info and he got back saying it was still for sale (yes, its entrapment I know but I cant say I feel too bad) so that at least proved the lying theory - he also used a fake name and a new account in all of the ebay auction stuff.

Its a shame because I even offered to make it up to £500 (which I didnt need to do) and tried to explain that I won the auction fairly and that it was not my fault that he did not set a reserve on the bass. TBH I thought that something like this might happen so I had the plan in place in my head from the get go :)

I would urge anyone who sees it on Ebay or Gumtree to report the item as he is clearly just screwing people around (and a Basschatter no less). I will keeping a keen eye to say the least.

Cheers

Chris

Hmmm, even more debatable is the fact that he had done a buy it now on an auction for £350 about an hour before it was re-listed (the auction which you won) and I bought it, he had said that as he was new to e-bay that he didn't have a clue what to do as I hadn't paid for it instantly and so re-listed.Probably realised that I may have the steal of the century

Have paid by paypal so hopefully this will turn up shortly, and will let you know if it all goes pete tong..is it just a caae of reporting to e-bay and paypal if I have been scammed?

Cheers

Dave

[quote name='daveybass' post='817151' date='Apr 24 2010, 12:46 PM']Hmmm, even more debatable is the fact that he had done a buy it now on an auction for £350 about an hour before it was re-listed (the auction which you won) and I bought it, he had said that as he was new to e-bay that he didn't have a clue what to do as I hadn't paid for it instantly and so re-listed.Probably realised that I may have the steal of the century

Have paid by paypal so hopefully this will turn up shortly, and will let you know if it all goes pete tong..is it just a caae of reporting to e-bay and paypal if I have been scammed?

Cheers

Dave[/quote]

So you've 'also' won it and HAVE paid via paypal... but this was done after the OP had already offered the seller £500 which he declined! :rolleyes:

I'd not be expecting the bass to turn up if that is the case. :)

Yeah he's totally scamming at it. If he's screwed you and you need his email address drop me a line, I have it from the Gumtree people!

I never knew about the BIN, thats also disturbing. Luckily I held off paying till he contacted me. He also used a fake name (Mark) for the auction, this isnt his name.

What a joke.

[quote name='daveybass' post='817151' date='Apr 24 2010, 12:46 PM']Hmmm, even more debatable is the fact that he had done a buy it now on an auction for £350 about an hour before it was re-listed (the auction which you won) and I bought it, he had said that as he was new to e-bay that he didn't have a clue what to do as I hadn't paid for it instantly and so re-listed.Probably realised that I may have the steal of the century

Cheers

Dave[/quote]

His band are playing in Glasgow in June, who knows, maybe if you dont get your money back we could pay him a visit :)

well I've just had a couple of e-mails and it looks like it could be the case whereby the guy on gumtree is using the ebay sellers photo's.

All should become clear in the next week

Thanks for the help, and if not Glasgow here we come !!!

Dave

[quote name='daveybass' post='817289' date='Apr 24 2010, 04:17 PM']well I've just had a couple of e-mails and it looks like it could be the case whereby the guy on gumtree is using the ebay sellers photo's.

All should become clear in the next week

Thanks for the help, and if not Glasgow here we come !!!

Dave[/quote]

Photo's and discription I think. It all seems totally strange. Time to bring the hammer down! :)