Why become a member? ×

John Diggins - Jaydee Custom Guitars.

modulusq6

Just a quick posting as an appreciation for the guy's talents as one of the countries top luthiers.

I bought a used but mint condition fretless bass a couple of weeks ago from a local music store. I changed the strings when I got it home and tried to adjust the truss rod, only to find the rod had seized and the adjuster had gotten stripped.

Anyway I took it to John on Monday this week. He's fitted a new rod and done a fantastic set up job on the bass. It's now playing great and I'm very happy. He didn't rip me off either, despite being incredibly busy he managed to fit me in.

I can't believe though that Warwick fit such cheap and nasty aluminium truss rods into such expensive instruments.

Edited by modulusq6

MB1. :)
Ive previously taken Jaydees and other basses to John and he is indeed a Master Craftsman...and an all round Nice Chap!
....He replaced a truss rod in a Red U.S Spector...im sure he remembers that one!...Did a Fantastic job!.

[quote name='modulusq6' post='816442' date='Apr 23 2010, 04:44 PM']Just a quick posting as an appreciation for the guy's talents as one of the countries top luthiers.

I bought a used but mint condition fretless bass a couple of weeks ago from a local music store. I changed the strings when I got it home and tried to adjust the truss rod, only to find the rod had seized and the adjuster had gotten stripped.

Anyway I took it to John on Monday this week. He's fitted a new rod and done a fantastic set up job on the bass. It's now playing great and I'm very happy. He didn't rip me off either, despite being incredibly busy he managed to fit me in.

I can't believe though that Warwick fit such cheap and nasty aluminium truss rods into such expensive instruments.[/quote]

I hope the shop is paying, unless you knew it was like that before you bought it....