Why become a member? ×

My new amp **GT200 content**

Mizzle

Hi all, I asked about this amp quite some time ago and now after a few months have received it, I think I forgot how loud this thing is just a quick few questions to anyone else who has one.

1) What exactly does the presence knob do? (seems to add more bass when turned to the right maybe like a mid-scoop?)
2) Are the 'Hi' and 'Low' inputs active/passive inputs?
3) Anyone got a fuzz/distortion sound out of it if yes what kind of settings did you use?

Other than that please enjoy the pics
:)

[quote name='Mizzle' post='816159' date='Apr 23 2010, 01:24 PM']Hi all, I asked about this amp quite some time ago and now after a few months have received it, I think I forgot how loud this thing is just a quick few questions to anyone else who has one.

1) What exactly does the presence knob do? (seems to add more bass when turned to the right maybe like a mid-scoop?)
3) Anyone got a fuzz/distortion sound out of it if yes what kind of settings did you use?

:)[/quote]

1 - Think of it like a Tone knob that isn't exactly what it is but best way to describe it.
2 - yeah pretty much but you aren't going to break anything using either with whatever bass, I'd like the grit so would use an Active bass on the Hi input.
3 - Gain on click setting 3 or 4 and play hard

[quote name='Mizzle' post='816159' date='Apr 23 2010, 01:24 PM']Hi all, I asked about this amp quite some time ago and now after a few months have received it, I think I forgot how loud this thing is just a quick few questions to anyone else who has one.

:)[/quote]
nice one dude,

presense is normally a high end boost around about 1.5 - 2k. But i think if its anything like the older matamps it'll work more like a boost.

hi and low are like active and passive inputs.

best way to get distortion is to turn the gain up and crank it!

hope you enjoy your new amp.

Hello Mizzle

You took the plunge eh? :)

Ok the presence... I find it adds a lot more edge to the sound but it depends on where you have all the other settings as to how effective it is also when we were bench testing mine (after a few mods) the presence can make about 40W difference to the output power and will also grit the sound up an aweful lot if you are running the amp at high power

Hi and Low... the high input simply reduces the input gain (use the low) :rolleyes:

Ahhhh distortion :lol:... Plug bass into low input, EQ top dead centre, Depth full to left, Drive full to right or one back from there, presence anywhere up from 3/4, Volume set to however loud you can stand it (the harder you push the power tubes the better the tube gain sounds)

Have fun

Thanks for the replies everyone i'm going to have a mess around with it but as it's still earlyish and i'm at home not too loud lol, thanks for clearing up those bits (suppose i should have asked Jeff at the time but forgot) If I can I may make a few clips

[quote name='Mizzle' post='817119' date='Apr 24 2010, 11:58 AM']Thanks for the replies everyone i'm going to have a mess around with it but as it's still earlyish and i'm at home not too loud lol, thanks for clearing up those bits (suppose i should have asked Jeff at the time but forgot) If I can I may make a few clips[/quote]

Complete waste of time asking Jeff lol

Howard is the man to ask