Why become a member? ×

MARCH 2010 black 4H 3-eq STINGRAY, maple, matching hs, OHSC NOW SOLD!!

Apothem

Up FOR SALE (no trades, thanks) is my black 4H 3-eq STINGRAY, maple board, matching headstock, gold abalone pickguard and original MusicMan hardshell case.

It's a 2009 which I bought BRAND NEW in MARCH 2010, so it's ONE MONTH OLD. I have received it, changed the strings to D'Addario (as I am not a big fan of Slinkies), lowered the action a tad (the trussrod works perfectly) and played it one hour in the bedroom. That's it. Then something else came.... :)

Bass and case are just perfect. The protective film is still on the pickguard, and the stickers are still on the back. It comes with the CASE KEY, all the candy/polishes (except for the cloth, which I have misplaced) and the ALL IMPORTANT WARRANTY/REGISTRATION CARD FOR YOU TO FILL AND POST.

Price is now £950 shipped (within UK mainland), which saves you a few hundreds. I will only post to the UK, and would like an old fashion cheque for that: that's how I paid for other basses here on BC (ask Johnnylightyear and Bassatnight), so can you. If you do not remember how to write a cheque (LOL), a bank transfer will do. Only as a last resort (pls see post N. 5 below) I am willing to accept a Paypal E_CHEQUE. In any case, once the funds clear, the bass will be on her way.

Thanks folks

Claudio

[attachment=48070:BR1.jpg] [attachment=48071:BR2.jpg] [attachment=48072:BR3.jpg] [attachment=48073:BR4.jpg]

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='bassatnight' post='815758' date='Apr 23 2010, 07:42 AM']What a beauty, Good luck with the sale...

I can certainly vouch for this young man! Good Seller and buyer.

Free Bump[/quote]

Thanks Steve :) Cheers

[quote name='lushuk' post='815913' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:47 AM']Have a bump for a chq whats one of them................... 75% of the potential buyers gone :)[/quote]

Yes Eddy, there's a reason for that, let me explain. In 2008/2009 I have offered fellow BCers a couple of basses (LEJ, Moon JJ, GB) which, unsold here, ended up on eBay, where they sold. All the payments were received via Paypal. Those gits came back kicking up such a malarkey, accusing me of "running a business" (WHAT??) and having "a certain volume/value of traffic" (WHAAAAAT???), therefore "having to switch account", "declare VAT" and all that c*ap.. What the fudge???

I have had quite a tough time in convincing them that it was all untrue, and that I was just a private individual happy to try a new bass and then eventually pass it on. This is why I would like to leave my Paypal account alone for a little while. On top of that, I have paid twice here with a cheque without any problem, I suppose is a matter of trust between members (although "I know where you live, and if you cash the cheque and do not send the bass I am coming to break your legs..." still applies :rolleyes: LOL ). I admit I hadn't written a cheque for aaaaaaages, but it's a viable option.

Alternatively, I'll accept a bank transfer. If REALLY at the end of the day the buyer is Paypal-dependent, well, not what I would have preferred but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick... At least, in order to avoid fees, please use a Paypal E-CHEQUE (which is a bank transfer anyway, with the downside that it clears even more slowly: 9 days, I have been there...).

So I am going to amend my OP to reflect all this.

Claudio

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='817619' date='Apr 24 2010, 08:41 PM']Sorry but I laughed at this, good luck with the sale buddy.[/quote]

Unfortunately a sale I was banking on collapsed... I suppose that's life sometimes... :)

Anyway, best RRP I have found for a similar bass (maple, matching headstock, upgraded pickguard) is £1,324 plus delivery from Basscentre, so at £950 shipped you save more than 400 maccaronis for a bass that has been received, setup then left in its case for a month untouched. Remember: the warranty/registration card comes with it, I did not fill it as after that lost sale I have considered immediately putting this back in the market. So I wanted to keep in AS NEW conditions.

• 4 weeks later...