Why become a member? ×

FS: --- G&L Climax (PRICE DROP!) 2 band EQ- Active/Passive

knuffelbeeuwtje

Hi,

Up for sale are two American basses. Great players, but I [b]really [/b]need the cash for a car. I've already sold my SB-2 to Jigster (posting it next week). I'm going to miss her... If you want sound clips (with some drums, recorded into MOTU traveler), I will be able to post them on Sunday. I did it this way for Jigster and it helped him make up his mind.

Anyway, more pictures can be found on:

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/joachim.quartier"]http://picasaweb.google.com/joachim.quartier[/url]

Shipping is [b]not[/b] included, but shouldn't be much. Will ship through UPS (I shipped it Monday evening and it got there on Wednesday... nice huh?:)

Kind regards,

Joachim

Edited by knuffelbeeuwtje

UPDATE!:

Weight of the G&L Climax bass: only 8 lbs (3.6 kg)!
Nut: 38mm

So the Climax bass is ideal for people with back problems. Tonight I'm posting sound clips of both basses. Many aren't familiar with the Climax bass, but it has the MFD humbucker in the Stingray position, so you get all the Snarl of a musicman, with the agility of a Jazz bass! And more treble than you can a point a stick at!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Andy,

Both are both passive and active (toggle switch). Kind of a nice thing if you're in the middle of the gig and your battery dies;)

The sonic difference is especially apparent if you switch on/off the preamp of the Climax bass. As I said earlier, the sound clips will be posted tonight (reckon it'll be 10 pm). That's also the main difference with a Musicman (which doesn't have the toggle, so the active preamp is always on).

With the L-2000, the (active) preamp gives the sound more clarity, but there's not such a huge difference in tone.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards

[quote name='anty' post='818047' date='Apr 25 2010, 02:43 PM']Hi I would be interested. Are they active or passive?[/quote]

Hi Jigster,

If ever I'm in Coventry (is Birmingham any good as a city?), I'll bring you Belgian beers (the real deal, because you Brits probably think the only Belgian beer is Stella and Leffe;) :rolleyes:

Cheers

[quote name='Jigster' post='825915' date='May 2 2010, 10:27 PM']joachim is a good guy - buy with confidence :)[/quote]

Birmingham wants to be like Coventry, it's just too big and full of itself to ever get close - :)

Hey, I've been to Ostend(e) I'll have you know, on a school trip - 15 years old and drank plenty of the local brew..