Why become a member? ×

Italia Maranello Z Bass

simon1964

I've only had this a couple of weeks, but need to move it on to fund an impulse purchase!
[attachment=47883:IMG_1269.JPG][attachment=47884:IMG_1271.JPG]

White, with black control plate. These are semi-hollow with a piezo pickup. The tone is surprisingly bright and ballsy with the treble boosted - great rock tone. Cut the treble and boost bass and you've got a great thumpy Precision tone. Much more versatile than I had expected.

Currently got a set of Fender flats on it, but I will include a set of Hartke nickel roundwounds which I was planning to fit.

In perfect condition. You'll either love or hate the looks - either way, you'll get noticed at a gig!

Here's the blurb from Italia's website:

[i]"Nicky Wire from the Manic Street Preachers wanted something different for an acoustic gig the band were playing and he turned to Italia to come up with the goods. The Maranello Z bass was the answer and is indeed the answer to every acoustic bass-player's prayers. Pure acoustic tone from the Piezo bridge pickup can give you all the sonic warmth of a double bass, all the way through to amazing highs for funk and slap. The mahogany chambered body adds to the depth of the sound while also making the instrument lighter (easier on shoulders during those marathon gigs). Available in all the fetching 'Italia' colours".[/i]

Looking for £195 plus postage.

Edited by simon1964

£195 plus postage - Last price drop before ebay this weekend

I can't find these stocked anywhere, but they used to retail at over £400, and this one is mint, so £195 has to be a bargain for someone!

May also be interested in trades, ideally with cash my way.

That's real purdy :) I'd be murdered if I bought it outright with my daughter's birthday coming up though, I'll see what I might have trades-wise when I get home - any idea where it was made, out of interest?

Oh, I've got a Marshall MBC410 that I'm moving on if that's any use to you for part-ex?

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='822038' date='Apr 28 2010, 03:22 PM']That's real purdy :) I'd be murdered if I bought it outright with my daughter's birthday coming up though, I'll see what I might have trades-wise when I get home - any idea where it was made, out of interest?

Oh, I've got a Marshall MBC410 that I'm moving on if that's any use to you for part-ex?[/quote]

Thanks!

I'm at work at the moment so will check where its made when I get home. Pretty sure they're made in the Far East somewhere (definately not Italy though :rolleyes: ).

I don't have any use for the Marshall cab to be honest. Trade wise, probably looking at pedals, or medium size combo for rehearsals. Or even a guitar. Will consider pretty much anything!

[quote name='simon1964' post='822384' date='Apr 28 2010, 08:01 PM']Thanks!

I'm at work at the moment so will check where its made when I get home. Pretty sure they're made in the Far East somewhere (definately not Italy though :) ).[/quote]

I had a look last night and couldn't see anything saying where these are made - anyone know?! As I said in the last post I would guess the Far East. FWIW they're designed by Trev Wilkinson (of Fret King fame) and appaerntly use Wilkinson parts. They're certainly well made.

[quote name='simon1964' post='823039' date='Apr 29 2010, 02:11 PM']I had a look last night and couldn't see anything saying where these are made - anyone know?![/quote]
Korea, AFAIK.

I had an idle noodle on one of these a while back, and I was sonically really impressed. Not my cup o' tea visually, but felt and sounded like a much more expensive bass.

I hope someone bites before you have to chuck it on eBay... :)