Why become a member? ×

Classic 70s Jazz

deaky

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='812030' date='Apr 19 2010, 10:45 PM']Fender Classic basses are great. The 70s one looks the biz too. Personally I prefer the 60s set up with the pick up position (more old school than funk) but it's a great bass and a great deal too. I love the necks with the block inlays too[/quote]

Yeah its a groovy looking bass.

I dunno if I should wait tho and grab a Geddy Lee or get the classic instead. Would there really be any great difference in sound?

[quote name='deaky' post='812036' date='Apr 19 2010, 10:49 PM']Yeah its a groovy looking bass.

I dunno if I should wait tho and grab a Geddy Lee or get the classic instead. Would there really be any great difference in sound?[/quote]

I A/B-ed a Classic 70s and a Geddy Lee. They were in a similar place tone-wise but the Geddy Lee sounded a lot duller and a bit thinner - but I think this was a setup issue, the pickup heights on the GL were well off. I much preferred the feel of the Classic Series neck though, pretty much the nicest-feeling neck I've played on a Fender.

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='812062' date='Apr 19 2010, 11:10 PM']I A/B-ed a Classic 70s and a Geddy Lee. They were in a similar place tone-wise but the Geddy Lee sounded a lot duller and a bit thinner - but I think this was a setup issue, the pickup heights on the GL were well off. I much preferred the feel of the Classic Series neck though, pretty much the nicest-feeling neck I've played on a Fender.[/quote]

Thanks Lawrence