Why become a member? ×

First try at writing and recording

rOB

Evening all,

Attached (hopefully) is an MP3 of my first attempt at writing a song alone then recording all the parts (apart from the lead guitar part). Recorded at home using an M-audio alpha and Cubase. Quite proud that I managed to record anything at all.

Let me know what you think, all helpful criticism welcome particularly on recording technique.

Rob

[quote name='rOB' post='811820' date='Apr 19 2010, 08:38 PM']Evening all,

Attached (hopefully) is an MP3 of my first attempt at writing a song alone then recording all the parts (apart from the lead guitar part). Recorded at home using an M-audio alpha and Cubase. Quite proud that I managed to record anything at all.

Let me know what you think, all helpful criticism welcome particularly on recording technique.

Rob[/quote]

Not sounding too bad, Have you got the bass panned to the right?

I'd stick it more in the centre.

really cool and weird song! reminds me of something you might hear on a videogame, something like motorstorm maybe. nice bass tone there, as well. at certain parts i had difficulty hearing the vocals clearly, in my (very amature) opinion, they could come up in the mix slightly and ever so slightly lose whatever effects they have on them (reverb?). someone who knows more about this sort of thing would do better to tell you than me. i also agree with the panning, if i were you i'd put both parts more centre and work on other ways of making them easier to hear, like eq. but all in all, i thought it was great!

• 3 weeks later...

Right,

taking the advice of people on here and elsewhere I have altered a few bits on This isn't going well. I've also taken the liberty of adding a couple of other songs which are finished (ish).

All advice, comments, thoughts, musings, abuse etc are welcome

Thanks, Rob