Why become a member? ×

Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass - 4 strings, active 2 band eq ** SOLD **

Jigster

Okay, so the wife's back on Friday from working abroad and I really can't let her see the stack that's growing in the bedroom. (ooh er)

So...

Great bass, that is only weeks old - Bought it for £220, and you can own it for £160 collected, or £175 posted in UK.

I've just put some different strings on, aside from that, it's mint - no gigging, no rehearsal. Still has the plastic film still the pick ups and the bar code on the back!

The ebonal fingerboard is fast and true.

It's a lovely sounding thing, but a bit too modern sounding for my ears. The eq seems pretty darn decent and I know there's a lot of respect for the new Squier models on here, and [i][b]this doesn't disappoint for sheer quality build and finish at such a low price - look at the neat join on the neck and body.
[/b][/i]

[attachment=47825:IMG_0569.jpg]
[attachment=47826:IMG_0565.jpg]

Active threeband EQ with slap switch and a one-piece maple neck with ebonol fingerboard.

Only interested in a sale thanks. Am in Coventry.

Thanks

Edited by Jigster

[quote name='Jigster' post='812512' date='Apr 20 2010, 01:22 PM']bump and price reduction[/quote]

I had a look at one of these in Edinburgh at the weekend. They look very nice indeed and seem to be a steal at the price being asked!

Especially liked the look of the fingerboard.

What exactly is ebanol though? :)

(If I had the cash, I'd buy, [i]you know how it is![/i]) :rolleyes:

well Wikipedia says:

Ebonol is an artificial material similar to ebony (Diospyros crassiflora), a black wood from Africa, which sometimes includes grey streaks. Ebonol is commonly used in place of ebony in the construction of stringed instruments, like fretless bass fingerboards, because it is easy to work with and resistant to forming grooves from roundwound strings. Ebonol is technically known as "XXX Paper Phenolic", and is a paper-based high pressure laminate made from layers of black paper and phenolic resin.

so there ye go

[quote name='Jigster' post='812798' date='Apr 20 2010, 05:12 PM']well Wikipedia says:

Ebonol is an artificial material similar to ebony (Diospyros crassiflora), a black wood from Africa, which sometimes includes grey streaks. Ebonol is commonly used in place of ebony in the construction of stringed instruments, like fretless bass fingerboards, because it is easy to work with and resistant to forming grooves from roundwound strings. Ebonol is technically known as "XXX Paper Phenolic", and is a paper-based high pressure laminate made from layers of black paper and phenolic resin.

so there ye go[/quote]

Thought it might be something like that.

Cheers Jig and good luck with the sale

(You know I want it!) :)

[quote name='Jigster' post='813143' date='Apr 20 2010, 10:07 PM']so come and get it :)[/quote]

Just bought a Squier CV Precision, otherwise would've mate.

Pretty sure someone will have it off you sooner or later :rolleyes:

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='814516' date='Apr 22 2010, 12:27 AM']Hey hey, I'm interested although i have to check some things out money wise first, girlfriends birthday plus usual bills this month. I could trade you it for a bunch g guitar pedals I don't use?

I'll get back to you though.[/quote]

yeah hi Prime Bass, thanks for the message, only interested in a cash deal.

Look forward to hearing from you