Why become a member? ×

Barber

mildmanofrock

I've just bought a Barber LTD Silver overdrive pedal off Basszilla (top bloke).

What a nice pedal. It doesn't rip your head off with death metal distortion, but it's great for a grungy/vintage rock style crunch. It holds the bass well too.

Anyone else like/have experience with Barber pedals?

Edited by mildmanofrock

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='808652' date='Apr 16 2010, 05:15 PM']I've used the LTD Silver and the Tone Press. I don't have either of them any more but was very impressed. I preferred them on guitar rather than bass (especially the tone press) but great pedals nonetheless. David Barber's a great guy to deal with as well.[/quote]

Despite them being mainly guitar pedals, why did you prefer them on guitar fella? What was about them that wasn't so good on bass?

[quote name='mildmanofrock' post='808692' date='Apr 16 2010, 05:44 PM']Despite them being mainly guitar pedals, why did you prefer them on guitar fella? What was about them that wasn't so good on bass?[/quote]

The Tone Press loses a bit of low end, especially on high compression settings and I found it to be quite noisy (more-so on bass than guitar).

The LTD silver is great, very organic. No doubt a great pedal but not what I want on bass, I prefer my dirt to have a slightly more compressed sound.