Why become a member? ×

Gigging with a Shuttle 3.0-10T

molan

I played a gig last night at a pub with an 'interesting' layout. Overall floor space is Ok but the band area is very restricted.

Everyone in our, 7 piece, band agreed to try and get away with the bare minimum of kit and I thought I'd take a risk & use my baby rehearsal Shuttle 3.0 with the 1x10 cab.

Bit of a risk as there was no option to got hrough the vocal only PA but I was worried my Berg's would just take up too much space.

I took along a Quick-Lock guitar stool which just happens to be the perfect height/width/depth to jack the Shuttle up to above waist level without having too large a stage footprint.

With the speaker firing direct at the back of my rib cage I could hear myself perfectly and my 'ears' out in the audience said the bass was perfecgtly clear in the mix with nice depth of tone.

I had it set relatively flat to begin with and just hit the bass boost button part way through the evening as I could feel the band slowly getting louder as things warmed up & people were out front dancing & stuff.

I didn't particularly watch my volume settings as I was easily loud enough. When we finished the set and the house lights went up I realised the master gain was set at about 11:00 so there was a fair bit of headroom to spare!

It's not exactly a classic rock or hi-fi tone but I'm amazed at just how well this tiny little thing performs - even up against a live drummer & in a 7 piece band :)