Why become a member? ×

1960 Fender Jazz Bass

99ster

[quote name='99ster' post='321434' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:24 PM']A new pic of the 1960 Jazz together with my 1965 Ampeg - it's a bit arty...but quite cool I think.
:)

[attachment=15563:Jazz_B15.jpg][/quote]

Wow Jim .. Great picture and fantastic looking bass and amp ..

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='321441' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:30 PM']Ooh, nice! Full of art deco vintageness! Bet that sounds incredible! I can't believe the condition of the jazz, either. I haven't had a chance to read the rest of the thread, but has the bass been refinished at all?

Rich.[/quote]

Thanks Rich. Yes it does sound rather lovely!
The bass is 48 years old & one of the very first Jazz basses ever made (July 60 neck date & a very early SN) - and it's generally accepted that less than 250 were made in 1960. So it's a very precious thing!
Here's the full story of eBay discovery/build thread on the restoration by Andy Viccars: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1615"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1615[/url]

[quote name='OldGit' post='321442' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:32 PM']Wow Jim .. Great picture and fantastic looking bass and amp ..[/quote]

Thanks Si - we have a pro photographic studio at work & I took the bass & amp in & got one of the guys to take some shots for me.

Here's another of the 1960 Jazz (had to do a fair bit of Photoshop work on the clipping path to get this cut-out so cleanly on white):

[attachment=15564:1960Jazz.jpg]

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='321451' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:40 PM']Wow! I just read the build diary. I assume you're going to be hanging onto this one, then? Lovely bass. I can see a queue of people with tongues hanging out from here![/quote]

Oh yes - she'll be coming to the grave with me!