Why become a member? ×

1979 Wal ProI Fretless

mgauction

Sonic blue. PB #1485. Originally a ProIIe body. Original green 'NAT' on body neck socket confirmed with Pete Stevens (Wal) that this was an original Wal body in natural. Top horn was modified to resemble an Alembic or the very first Wal, circa 1974. I had the horn expertly rebuilt to the exact original size. I also had the included ProI electronics as a spare so the extra area in the body was filled to fit the electronics. Fretless neck was purchased directly by me from Pete Stevens and is dated December 1987. All original Wal parts except Schaller tuners, which are new. Body was refinished in Sonic Blue by national expert, [url="http://www.wilkinsguitars.com/contact.html"]Pat Wilkins of Wilkins Guitars[/url] in Burbank, CA, USA. Plays well and is in excellent working condition. Comes with original brown Wal hardshell case. $2500US. Buyer pays shipping, approx. $40 domestic USA. For UK, Europe shipping I can only ship using Federal Express or UPS. Please go to their sites to figure shipping costs. My zip code is 85452 in the USA.

[attachment=3467:01010901...fa00989b.jpg] [attachment=3468:01010701...81002d3c.jpg] [attachment=3469:01020501...cb007574.jpg] [attachment=3470:01040901...4f00334b.jpg]

Edited by Crazykiwi
URL ref tweaked

That's a beautiful bass Mike and good luck with the sale!

These basses are getting more and more scarce and as part of the early Wal legacy and with Pete Stevens having virtually stopped trading sadly, they are going to become more sought after..

Got any more photos, especially some close ups, for all of us Wal fans to enjoy ?

Nik

[quote name='mgauction' post='87148' date='Nov 12 2007, 03:01 AM']Bad news, Nik. My hard drive crashed and - yes - no backup. I'm in the process of getting those and all my other bass photos recovered, but, who knows if it will work. 7 years of photos. Christ - I could have wrote a book with thoses photos![/quote]
Hey Mike - really, really sorry to hear that news! Are there any pictures of your basses that you've posted up on bass forums (like this one), that you could find and resave?

I can send you over some pics of PB 1264 if you need them..

Nik

[quote name='mgauction' post='87682' date='Nov 13 2007, 12:42 AM']Well, now I have good news, Nik (funny how that happens). A company was able to retrieve all my photos & text from the hard drive, but now I'm off and out of town for a week. Keep on me, Nik! I will get thoses and other photos posted in about 7-10 days.[/quote]
Cool - have a good trip and look forward to seeing those photos when you're back!