Why become a member? ×

Any bands looking for Glasgow gigs?

Rockbassix

Hey guys I've just taken over the inhouse gig bookings at Capitol in Sauchiehall St Glasgow so thought i'd see if any fellow basschatters were looking for Glasgow gigs.

Only started on Monday so it's still a bit chaotic but I will have some dates available in May and June.

If anybody is interested in playing PM me your myspace, email or number and I'll see what I can do :)

Cheers
SJ

[quote name='Delberthot' post='799038' date='Apr 7 2010, 06:35 PM']Do you have a specific type of band that you are looking to get in?

eg covers or originals, rock, jazz, funk or blues etc.[/quote]

I'm open to pretty much anything for the basement part of the venue so originals,covers and tribute bands from any genre are all a possibility as long as they can bring a crowd in! I might get shot for booking a jazz trio but hey never say never!

The basement holds around 180 there's an inhouse PA and i'm trying to persuade them to provide a backline as well as i'm not too keen on making bands share their gear. They are going to try and get something sorted out for the backline depending on funds available!

There is also an area of the main bar that can be sectioned off and used for smaller gigs this probably holds around 100 max. I've been told to try and keep this slightly more commercial based so probably best for DJs, acoustic,solo and smaller covers and tribute gigs.

I'm also looking at maybe starting an open mic or jam night in future if there's any interest and also to start a new bands night with shorter sets so new bands can get some experience playing live without needing to have enough material to play a full set.

As usual the venue is ideally looking for bands who are going to attract a decent crowd and are willing to promote their gigs and try to flog tickets and drag all their mates along.
I will do all I can to promote your gig with online,local and venue advertising so we aren't just expecting you to do all the work all we ask is that you are willing to do the same! :)

Edited by Rockbassix