Why become a member? ×

Hughes & Kettner bass head 600w £450

Aero

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='798154' date='Apr 6 2010, 10:35 PM']Always fancied one of these; are they as good as the reviews say?[/quote]

Absolutely, I think it has a valve preamp and gives that warm sound.
I used to have the 2x15 and 4x10 cabs, it was monstrous
Typical german engineering. Built to last

I bought a new Eden head cos I prefer a more 'hi-fi' sound and needed to downsize

[quote name='s1ater' post='798604' date='Apr 7 2010, 12:41 PM']Fancy trading for a marshall vba400?[/quote]

Unfortunately my recent gear spending spree means I need the cash

Cheers

Fran

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='798154' date='Apr 6 2010, 10:35 PM']Always fancied one of these; [b]are they as good as the reviews say[/b]?[/quote]

In a word 'Yes'! I loved mine and only sold it as I wanted to go lightweight... I bought a pair of MB heads to replace it but they quickly made room for my Thunderfunk.

Was your rig on eBay a few years ago Aero?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='800868' date='Apr 9 2010, 02:10 PM']In a word 'Yes'! I loved mine and only sold it as I wanted to go lightweight... I bought a pair of MB heads to replace it but they quickly made room for my Thunderfunk.

Was your rig on eBay a few years ago Aero?[/quote]

Yes, its been a 'spare' for a while now so I decided to cash it in.
I've effectively got a second rig to sell, H&K 600 plus Eden 1x15.

[b]I would consider px with a Status Graphite fretted Jazz neck.[/b]

How's the Thunderfunk, is your reply going to give me more GAS?

cheers

Fran

[quote name='Aero' post='800899' date='Apr 9 2010, 02:32 PM']Yes, its been a 'spare' for a while now so I decided to cash it in.
I've effectively got a second rig to sell, H&K 600 plus Eden 1x15.

[b]I would consider px with a Status Graphite fretted Jazz neck.[/b]

How's the Thunderfunk, is your reply going to give me more GAS?

cheers

Fran[/quote]

Hmmm is my TF reply going to give you 'more' GAS Fran? Well, I've personally A/B'd the TF against the best that HK (BB600), Aguilar (DB750), Mesa Boogie (M-Pulse), MB (SA450 +LMK), TC Electronic (RH450), Warwick (Pro-tube IX) and a fair few others have to offer and I'm still holding onto it; closest to give it a run for its money was a Glockenklang Bass Art but that ran out of steam at gig level.

If you get the chance to try a TF just leave the EQ flat and if it doesn't 'quite' do it for you, just give the Timbre & Enhance controls a tweak... sonic nirvana for me! :rolleyes:

I have to confess when you were listing your HK rig on eBay a couple of years ago, I watched it and returned time and again, considering pulling the trigger but 'size matters' these days. :)