Why become a member? ×

Brighton bass players day

jhk

Its probably too late notice for most ,however,looking through my friday`s brighton Argus this morning there`s an interesting listing.

Bass players masterclass at `The Portland Rock Bar` in brighton Sunday 11th November from 1 p.m. onwards ........... admission £3.00.
There is a contact number of 07933 177780.It does not say who is there.

I do not have anything to do with this event so it`s up to others if they feel they want to investigate.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this!

I`ll have a look myself as I live in the area.
Apologies if this is listed elsewhere and I`ve just given everyone a dose of `told you so!`

Edited by jhk

[quote name='jhk' post='86804' date='Nov 11 2007, 11:03 AM']Its probably too late notice for most ,however,looking through my friday`s brighton Argus this morning there`s an interesting listing.

Bass players masterclass at `The Portland Rock Bar` in brighton Sunday 11th November from 1 p.m. onwards ........... admission £3.00.
There is a contact number of 07933 177780.It does not say who is there.

I do not have anything to do with this event so it`s up to others if they feel they want to investigate.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this!

I`ll have a look myself as I live in the area.
Apologies if this is listed elsewhere and I`ve just given everyone a dose of `told you so!`[/quote]
It's being run by a very well-known bass player in the Brighton area called Dave Barnard.. The Portland has a lot of live music on and Dave plays there regularly so it's kind of 'home from home' for him. Before I joined my band (Burning Organ) I saw Dave dep for them at the Portland last year and he's really good...

I heard about it from Mervyn who has a shop in Worthing called 'Amps n Bits' and he's going there to sell and buy lots of bass gear. Mervyn has lots of Ernie Ball stuff (including some Stingrays/Subs) on the go as well as some vintage goodies too, which is his forte.

Might pop down there myself as it's only 30 minutes by car and I've some speakers I really need to sell,

Nik

[quote name='NickThomas' post='86818' date='Nov 11 2007, 11:50 AM']Shame there's no more details . I'd like to know who's playing etc[/quote]
Nick, you can ring Dave Barnard on 07933 177780 if you want more info (got his number from the Portland's website).

Hope all's well with you BTW?

Nik

Shame I didn't know about it sooner. I live in the middle of town.

I'm gonna try and catch the end...!

Just been invited to play at the European Bass day in Germany in December. Linley Marthe is playing!!!! I'm very excited...

Hope you're all gooooooooooood

N