Why become a member? ×

bartolini wiring problem

jayblaze

hey guys. ive just bought a mv5cbc 5 string bass pickup and i want to wire it into a bass. its got no pots just a three pin on off switch and a neutrics jack socket. could someone be so kind as to draw me a little diagram of how to wire it. the pickup has like 5 wires comming out so i gues thats for coils? i just want all them to work ass its only gunna be on or off. also would i a need a ground to the bridge??
i diagram would save the day... please help!

i dont think that diagram helps because i just want to turn the pickup on and off. an actuall digram would be so helpfull. the setup is the pickup..... on off switch....jack socket. how is it done?????? cant seem to get any clear info... bear in mind i know nothing about wiring

the pickup you've got has two seperate coils that can be joined in series or parallel to give different sounds...first you need to decide if you want the coils in series or parallel, and the wire it up as per the diagram that stewart posted. (iirc parallel is normal for a musicman)

so, first you'll need to wire up the 5 wires from the pickup to give your chosen sounds, and then you'll need to install a [url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=kill_switch"]"kill switch"[/url], which will turn it on and off.

Edited by ahpook