Why become a member? ×

COMPLETED: P.O.S. Hohner Arbor Body & Neck

Guest MoJo

[attachment=46320:P4030016.JPG]

The guy who sold me this on eBay really saw me coming (eBay photo below).

[attachment=46319:hohner.jpg]

His ad said "Currently strung, giutar shell has one or two nicks (only minor paint chips) other than that sounds nice to play."

Having received the bass and seen the minor paint chips (see photo), I can only assume he'd describe the Grand Canyon as 'a bit of a ditch'. I get the feeling he picked it up from a car boot for a fiver and thought he'd chance his arm. Muggings here fell for it hook, line and sinker. He didn't kick up a fuss when I contacted him and told him that I couldn't give him any positive feedback on account of feeling I'd been misled.

I was initially going to restore it but on account that it really is a P.O.S., I can't be bothered. The body is ply, rather like the Marlins that it shares it's lineage with and the fretboard is missing one of the dot inlays. I have started to fill some of the smaller areas of damage as can be seen below.

[attachment=46321:P4030017.JPG]

....but have yet to tackle his 'minor paint chip' (below)

[attachment=46322:P4030018.JPG]

I have robbed out anything that I can can reuse and I was going to throw this out but then I thought someone might like it (even if only to smash up on stage). Comes complete with neckplate, control cavity cover and screws.

[attachment=46324:P4030021.JPG]

Can be collected or I can ship if someone is willing to pay the cost of shipping it. I will leave it on here for a week or two, after that, it goes to landfill :)

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='ahpook' post='795042' date='Apr 3 2010, 01:34 PM']my first bass was a grey sparkle one of those.[/quote]

I wouldn't get telling folks that :)