Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha YAS-275 Saxophone

Hey guys,

Looking to sell my old saxophone. It's a Yamaha YAS-275. I bought it new about 6 years ago but have since upgraded. Technical info from Yamaha is [url="http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/winds/sax/altosax/yas_275/?mode=overview"]here[/url]. It's a great playing sax, it's been well used but very well maintained (regular services etc). There's a couple of obvious scratches (which I've tried to picture as best I can) and a few smaller scratches in the lacquer; nothing major.

A few years ago, the G# key got bent out of shape and was repaired by All Brass and Woodwind in Leeds, they did a very good job, I've photographed the repair.

I'll include a Yamaha 4C mouthpiece with ligature and cap. I've cleaned (and disinfected) the mouthpiece so it's clean and is in pretty good condition, there's no chips but the usual teeth marks. I'll also throw in a Neotech neck strap, some cork grease and 3 different types of reeds for you to try.

It comes in a good quality hard case which is in good condition again, other than the Vandoren sticker I put on it.

A few pictures:

Repair:

First scratch (this is only in the lacquer):

Second scratch inside the bell (this one's a bit deeper from when I got a bit too close to a microphone :rolleyes:):

Case:

Mouthpiece and ligature:

Everything together:

I paid £800 for this 6 years ago so I'm not sure what sort of price is reasonable. Shall we say a rough price of £350? That's not a firm price at all, feel free to make me an offer of what you think is reasonable, I'm sure we can work something out. Ideally, I need this gone within the next 3 weeks as there's things I need to pay for.

PM me if you want more pictures or if you have any questions. You can either collect it from me in Wakefield (or Leeds during the week) or I can post it at your expense.

AJ

Edited by gnasher1993