Why become a member? ×

Junkyard blues

Wil

Did a little recording tonight, in celebration of the fact I found the condenser microphone my brother lent me in the garage. Somewhat inspired by my current love of all things Tom Waits, I made a drum loop by hitting the sofa cushions with a wooden spoon for the bass drum, recording my dog Milo shaking himself dry for the hi hat, and then used the sound of a saucepan, glass tumbler and biscuit tin being hit with a wooden spoon for the snare sound.

I am deadly serious :)

I then added 2 tracks of acoustic guitar, one track electic guitar, fretless bass (my franken P thing), and then downloaded an iPhone Vibraphone app which I held up to the mic for a little bit of Vibraphone in the middle. Bit of reverb added to each seperate track, and then sped up the entire lot 2% to tighten up the mix.

I whacked it up on my old myspace:

www.myspace.com/ebolamonkey11

Enjoy!

*Edit - have since added vocals and this song is now called "The Flood".

Edited by Wil

Thanks! I wasn't sure about whether I should have put more vocals in it, but probably best to keep it sparse for this sort of thing I suppose.

At my current rate of songwriting I should have another one recorded in approximately 2 years time :)

• 2 weeks later...