Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bass sound is very clicky???

woolz

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='782770' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:28 PM']Hold down the string at the first fret AND at the last fret (use a capo or phone a friend if you have small hands). Is it touching the 12th fret (or thereabouts)? It should be *just* clear at the 12th (you can tap it against the fret but can't see much daylight). If it's touching then you need to *slacken* the truss rod. Take it easy, quarter turn a go. Retune each time.

Having said that, you should probably just get a 5 string :)[/quote]

yeh i may get a 5 string. not sure how it would work with our tuning though, we tune to c#?? anyway, i have aroun 0.5mm gap when i check at 12th fret mate with string at top and bottom.

I have a 105 (or 110 maybe) tuned to C# and it's fine. I'm pretty sure it's just your technique. If you have a graphic or parametric EQ you could probably EQ it out (if you don't want to change your technique). My advice would be to get some distortion on the go, and embrace your "click", turning it into hard attack.

[quote name='woolz' post='784045' date='Mar 23 2010, 09:49 PM']yeh i may get a 5 string. not sure how it would work with our tuning though, we tune to c#?? anyway, i have aroun 0.5mm gap when i check at 12th fret mate with string at top and bottom.[/quote]

It's the second fret on the B string :rolleyes: Don't tell me you're in one of those mad metal bands with crazy tuning... you're a bass player, resist :)