Why become a member? ×

What would you get?

bassmanAzz

[quote name='The Burpster' post='780180' date='Mar 19 2010, 08:22 PM']For £1k you could pick up a used PRS EB-IV - all the bass you'd ever need (unless of course you needed 5 strings) with a D-tuner![/quote]

any suggestions where i could give one a go? or where i could get one from the net? :)

[quote name='Clarky72' post='780105' date='Mar 19 2010, 06:41 PM']You really can't go far wrong with a MusicMan Stingray! I love mine, and huge ass end...[/quote]
+1....everyone should own a Ray at least once - My first decent bass was a 98 ray and i've gone full circle via J's,, P's Ibbys & back to a 79 Ray with a big warmer bottom....something about them :)

[quote name='bassmanAzz' post='780208' date='Mar 19 2010, 08:50 PM']any suggestions where i could give one a go? or where i could get one from the net? :)[/quote]

They regularly pop up for sale in the US on the 'bay...... Which is not surprising as thats where most were sold. eg. (you just missed one in California that sold for $999 (about £650)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380206585380&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

As to giving one a noodle.... they are remarkably rare in the UK so finding one nearby wouldn't be that easy. I would very surprised if however you bought one and didnt like it.

:rolleyes:

Besides you could always sell it and get your money back!