Why become a member? ×

Hondo II Lespaul copy type guitar.

This is a hondo II les paul guitar, i've set it up properly etc and it plays very nice. I've upgraded the pick ups with a pair of iron gear rolling mills pick ups and it has a coil tap on both pick ups.

it's in pretty good nick with only a few nicks two of the knobs have come a bit loose but that can be sorted with a bit of super glue.

these go for around 120 on ebay so if i can get around that i'll be happy!

[quote name='umph' post='779590' date='Mar 19 2010, 11:27 AM']ta dude, just realised how dark and mysterious the picture i took is, i'll try and get some better pictures today![/quote]

Make sure you show the edges & all those laaarvly plywood layers! :)

Seriously, I've had a couple of these and they can be pretty decent planks. Mid/late 70s & made by Samick in Korea who went on to make MIK Epiphones, amongst other things.

BTW [b]never[/b] superglue your knobs on! As soon as anyone uses switch cleaner on them, the acetone will melt the glue & make it run inside the pot - where it will then proceed to harden again & glue your pots solid.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='780659' date='Mar 20 2010, 11:54 AM']Make sure you show the edges & all those laaarvly plywood layers! :)

Seriously, I've had a couple of these and they can be pretty decent planks. Mid/late 70s & made by Samick in Korea who went on to make MIK Epiphones, amongst other things.

BTW [b]never[/b] superglue your knobs on! As soon as anyone uses switch cleaner on them, the acetone will melt the glue & make it run inside the pot - where it will then proceed to harden again & glue your pots solid.

Jon.[/quote]

ahh didn't think about that i'm sure there are better methods it might even just be cheaper to buy a new set of knobs really.

I've been quite impressed with this guitar but i picked up a 80s b.c rich which while being a bit to pointy for me is far superior in almost every way!

[quote name='umph' post='780675' date='Mar 20 2010, 12:06 PM']ahh didn't think about that i'm sure there are better methods it might even just be cheaper to buy a new set of knobs really.[/quote]Wouldn't have occurred to me either if I hadn't experienced it first-hand! Someone had SG'd the knobs onto a nice old 335 copy I had - I didn't notice the pots had seized until guitarist picked it up at practice, forced them and tore off half of the wiring! Twat! Lots of fun & games cleaning, resoldering & re-fitting the pots through the f-holes on that one. :)

Best way to fix loose knobs is to insert a screwdriver into the split-shaft & gently rock it from side to side - this will spread the halves of the shaft so they grip the inside of the knobs.

J.

• 8 months later...

[quote name='umph' post='778652' date='Mar 18 2010, 03:53 PM']This is a hondo II les paul guitar, i've set it up properly etc and it plays very nice. I've upgraded the pick ups with a pair of iron gear rolling mills pick ups and it has a coil tap on both pick ups.

it's in pretty good nick with only a few nicks two of the knobs have come a bit loose but that can be sorted with a bit of super glue.

these go for around 120 on ebay so if i can get around that i'll be happy!

[/quote]

Hi ! A friend of mine has given the same Hondo II les paul guitar to me. I would deeply appreciate to try to play with it but the trusq nut has been changed and it seems not to be the good one. It's impossible to tune the guitar properly. I would deeply appreciate if you could measure the nut which is on your guitar for me (length, width,height and string spacing). With these measures, I could command one on graphtech web site. Thank's a lot !